Website Development

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Farmer Gab, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Farmer Gab

Farmer Gab New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    I would like to create a website for The Anderson Family Nut Farm, BUT I have no idea how do go about this! So many of your websites are fantastic! :thumb: Please share with me how you got started... :help:
  2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I use freewebs for my website: and for my pictures for my site I use photobucket:

Freewebs is really easy to use and their free sites are really nice with not many adds, and 20 pages to use. I have premium services, it costs $100 a year and that is for site hosting and a domain name.

Any questions feel free to ask, my site is listed in my signature, and I designed my brother's site too.

3. Farmer Gab

Farmer Gab New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Gee and somehow I thought FreeWebs meant "free"! :?
  4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Freewebs is free, goathappy has premium services, so you can add more features. Right now I have a freewebs site and it's completely free because I don't have any added services. My website really didn't turn out that bad, I thought it was going to look really bad...but it doesn't!! :leap: I would definately recommend it, it's real easy to use!! Check out my website...
  5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
  6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i have used pretty much every free web build site avaliable and i found bravehost is the easiest. you upload pictures straight to the website any color, layout, anything
  7. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I use freewebs, too. I already had my domain name through another paid provider and when I switched to the freewebs service, I went ahead and paid the $14.95 for a year or two of no ads on my site. My domain name was something like $50 for 3 years and I don't remember exactly how often I will have to pay the $14.95 but even if I have to renew that every year, it's cheap enough. I don't know exactly how many pages I get but I haven't come close to running out of bandwidth yet so I guess it's a pretty big site you get.

I tried the bravenet service but I thought it offered less in the way of templates and extras (but I'm pretty computer illiterate and may not have known how to use it properly) and I used yahoo small business for 3 or 4 years at $19.95/month. The yahoo sitebuilder is awesome! Very easy to use and you download it to your 'puter so you can work on your site even when you aren't online. BUT, I'm soooo cheap I just couldn't justify that monthly fee when I only actually normally sell goats one or two months out of every year. I know a few people who use the angelfire and geocities (also yahoo) free sites too and they look just fine to me.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Mine is freewebs. Yes it is free but it is limited on how much you can put on there. If you are smart and use pictures from photobucket you won't go over your 100 page/file limit. I did that pretty fast so I had to upgrade. My upgrade is nolonger available but I pay 50.00 a year for my premium service and domain name. I reallly wanted the domain name so it was a no brainer for me

another one I have tried is tripod and I hated it. Way to difficult to work and I can never get tripod sites to load on this computer so it wasn't worth it for me. I gave up and had someone else do the website. but I know others who LOVE tripod. It depends on what you like. I think Tripod offers a lot more for free then freewebs but be willing to mess with it more and get frustrated a couple times.

I can help with questions with freewebs and with tripod (a little).
  9. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    You can check out mine at I go through Homestead ( and they have a really user friendly easy to use web designing software that I really like. We pay a monthly fee though...but it's worth it for us.
  10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I went through freewebs for both of our sites. I also designed a site for my cousin's Boer herd and my aunt's Nigerian Dwarf herd. I just recently paid a very small amount to have all ads removed from our Nigerian Dwarf site, which I LOVE!! Freewebs is awesome, easy to use, and has lots of fun things to add on your site. I design websites for other breeders, so if you're interested, I could get it all started for you and then you can go from there. . .

Here's the sites I did (some of them I partially maintain):
  11. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I originally started with geocities from yahoo. I've also used netscape composer but use Frontpage. I had upgraded through yahoo to pro for my site.
  12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    SDK & Sweet Gum Mini's --- how did you make your banners?