website newbie

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by silvergramma, Aug 14, 2010.

1. silvergramma

silvergramma New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    can any of you recommend where I can get a nice website going.. really new to that and have no idea who is really dependable for tech support and professional.. cheap would help too..lol!!!!

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    You can try webs.com. That's what i'm using now and after 3 years of using the free version I just upgraded. I really like it although there are some things that I wish worked a little differently. All in all i've been really happy with it. And it's free so if you want to just start out then you can play around with it and get ahang of it and decide if you are ready to get a better website or you can always just stick with the free version. Feel free to take a look at my website from webs.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Webs.com can be nice if you don't like to mess a lot with your site and do fancy things. But if you want more control tripod.com is also free and has more controls for the user. Those are the only two off top my head that I am familiar with

4. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I really like the one I use. (Wix.com) It's free and you can use their assorted templates or design your own like I did. It can be slow loading for dial-up users, but then I think everything is slow with dial-up. I had added lots of moving pages, and flashy animations in the beginning but removed them and went with a more reader friendly style. I think it loads a lot faster now too. There's lots of ideas for adding pictures to a site, too. Good luck.

5. silvergramma

silvergramma New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    thanks folks,, gonna see what I can come up with ,,,