Website opinions needed, again, lol

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goathappy, Feb 13, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Ok, my other thread got left on the old board but I need some more opinions

Would you give the first fresheners and dry yearlings their own separate page away from junior does?

and

Do you consider pictures like funny pictures or face pictures on each does page 'unprofessional'? I still include pictures of their udder and other front pictures of course.

Thanks for your help :)

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I always love funny pictures, to me it gives more character to a website, people are always complementing me on how friendly my site feels to browse through.

as to the other thing, i have no idea

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Again it would depend on how many goats you have. I have eleven goats total, so my dry yearlings are on my jr doe page. My yearling milkers and two year olds are with my sr. does.
    As for the pictures i think it depends on who your aiming your sales at. I show, i aim my sales towards people who show, therfore i like pictures of my does set up and clipped if i can get them. We are doing LA this year and are hoping to get pictures while we are doing that.
    beth

4. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I don't separate the FF's into their own category....they go with all of the other Sr. does. Same with the Dry Yearlings...the go with all of the Jr. Does. That's how Kastdemur's, LakeShore, Hoanbu, and many others do theirs...there is also a lot of people we do separate them.

As for funny pics....I don't really care for them. I go to a website to look at the goat's structure...not see funny pics...not that I would mind if I had high-speed, but I don't...so it just takes that much longer for me to load a page. :roll: :p

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    That is true Jacque, thanks for pointing that out, I have high speed so loading is never an issue for me. I am trying to make my site more personalized, it's kinda hard...... I like the First Fresheners seperate. So when people see them they KNOW they are FF's lol.

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I know what you mean Jacque, I used to have dial up :wink:

I'm still trying to decide, I'll probably try a couple different set ups before I see what I like :)

Thanks for your opinions! :D

7. susanne

susanne New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Sarah your site looks very nice. :)
    i think the look of a website can also tell a lot, what kind of person the breeder is.
    i don't like sites that are endless long, have a cursor that follows around, music that comes unexpected and not necessary my type of music. that are sites i go only once and not again.

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thank you Susanne :)

I still plan on having separate pages for each of the girls, but I think I'll put the extended pedigrees on a separate page.

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I really like how you have it set up. I personally do have one pic that just shows their personality, but whenever I have to take udder pics next year I might not have them anymore. I need to get some current pics of my girls on my site. :roll: