The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I really need to update and clean up my site.
but.

I really like the look of goat site that have a does page, and pictures and little bits of info on the doe- then you can click on the name or pic and be taken to another page dedicated to that particular goat.

I'll look around for some examples if needed

which server (free) does this? I have bravehost, but will switch, bravehost is difficult to change settings once you put them into place (thats why the hersire's page is halfway down the navigation bar :roll: )

also need to get pictures in the spring, get a kidding page up and running..etc. :) thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
Webs.com is what we use, but I have a friend who pays minimally for yahoo and likes it.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
webs.com is free and easy to use -- another is tripod (but to me they are hard to load so I dont know about others).

You might be able to do that with Bravehost -- with Webs I highlight the section I want to be "clickable" then I click the link button and it comes up with this page that says: link to another one of my pages, link to another website, link to a file ...... etc

I choose the kind of link I want and then wala its all clickable and stuff ;) :p

·
The farm that Hope began
2,799 Posts
You can do it with freewebs, but be aware, you can only have so many pages. So if you have a good number of does, you'll run out of pages. Trust me, I tried this the other night when I did a website overhaul, made gorgeous pages for some of the does, then got a message that I was at my page limit!

:(

I had to go back and just rearrange everything on my Does and Junior Does pages and just be happy with that.

As a webmaster, I've worked on both Yahoo! Business and Bluehost.com (and a few others) and these two are pretty good, BUT if you use the Yahoo! Business it can kind of be a pain in the butt to create pages that aren't linked at the top if you use their site editor and not your own.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks
I'll see if i can do what stacey suggested, if not, then I'll rearrange things a bit

just wanted to put more info per doe, pedigree, reference sires and dams, kidding dates and progency.
lol! thats alot of stuff !

·
Lurking Aussie
585 Posts
I've done it in a way, on web's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts