Website question, im a DUMMY!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Dec 29, 2010.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

I have freewebs, and I have seen other breeders who have webs with there pages set up to where you just click on the goats name and it goes to a new page with all the info about them, individual profiles.

How do I do this? I really want too!

Thanks

2. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I have the same problem to, and how do you get a kidding chart that has a small pic of each buck/doe?

3. TinyHoovesRanch

I know how to do that, wait you mean like on my website? Check out my kidding page and let me know, I can walk you through that.

4. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    With freewebs, you are limited to the amount of pages you have, so it's really not feasible for that host.

However, to do it, you would have the page for that individual goat set up, and link the image, so that when you click it, it goes to that page.

As for kidding charts, that's normally done using tables and pictures resized with the html coding.

5. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for here, LOL. I see a nice freewebs page with each goat listed underneath each other, as is normal for freewebs host.

6. TinyHoovesRanch

What she has for the first goat, glitter, is her name and then you can click on that to go to her own page. Thats what im wanting to do

7. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Okay I think I understand. I'm not sure if PRF is paying for more pages or what, but with freewebs free hosting, you can only have a certain amount of pages, so if you have a lot of does/bucks you would quickly run out of pages.

However, to do this, you would create a page for Pookums. Then you "hide" it on the file manager.

Then on the Does page, you highlight Pookums page or picture, and click Link. Then you choose the page to link too.

This is on freewebs hosting site builder. To do it through html coding is a little more complicated.

8. TinyHoovesRanch

So whats Pookum? lol

I need to make a bunch of Pookum pages and put each goat on it, and then hide the page?

9. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I just used the name Pookum. You would change it to the doe/buck's name.

You have too many goats to do this for them all, you'll run out of pages pretty quick. But you could try it and see.

"Hiding" the page keeps it from showing up in your menu bar.

Also keep in mind...I do webdesign :p

10. TinyHoovesRanch

Ok, awesome thanks lol....

So I make the page, hide it, and then put the link for that page on my doe page?

11. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    That's the basics of it yes. I never was very good at explaining things LOL.

12. TinyHoovesRanch

You actually explained it really well lol

13. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
  14. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio

Yepp like how you have yours, I think it looks really nice like that :) I only have a few does though but it would still be fun to work with

15. TinyHoovesRanch

You just make a table, and then put the pics in, and size then how you want, its SO easy lol

And I think it makes it look cute!

16. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I really like your does Georgia and Porsche :] and how did you get the pedigree thing for each goat? That looks good and would be way easier than typing it all out like I did lol

17. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Thanks thats awesome! :greengrin: I'll have to try to get some updated pics tommorrow and see what I can do :)

18. TinyHoovesRanch

I always use that site lol....Its really good!

Hope you do! I would love to check out your site when you are done!