Websites

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by AlaskaBoers, Dec 22, 2010.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I notice a lot of breeders have websites that are unorganized, and that could effect how much profit they have.

Well I just so happen to love making websites, learning pedigrees and photographing goats.
    Would this be an OK idea to start making websites for breeders?

It'd be through webs probably. They'd purchase a domain name and hosting ($50) and I'd charge an amount for designing, then offer to go out and photograph goats for their websites at cost?

Hows it sound and any good ideas? :clap:

2. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Sounds like a GREAT idea to me! You could even do it for people who live in the states that can't set them up, they can email you the pics or put them up on photobucket or someplace of that sort :)
    I've never designed a website, but always thought it would be a fun challenge. Good luck!

3. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I do it. I've even gone out and taken the pictures, although a lot of times I work from what they have.

I've designed websites in webs, but I also offer custom built websites done in a program I run and uploaded to their host of choice. Just depends on what the customer wants. I charge less for working though freewebs, because it's easier, although I know and have learned a lot of little tricks and tips for that host.

More expensive for me to start from scratch in my own program, because it takes a lot more time and effort.

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    ok
    SO. looking at the prices of webs, the premium 'starter' has everything but custom email and free domain and is $50...how much does the domain name cost? I think mine was $14?

I don't want to charge too much.

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    So, how does a flat one time fee of $100 for set up, domain name and design, then $10 a page sound?

Photographs would be $1 per mile (gas) then $40 per hour, unlimited # of photos. (it would encourage people to have everything set up and ready.

6. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Not sure really, I ask website owners to pay for their own hosting, although I will help them set it up if needed. And then I charge based on how complicated the site is to set up and get running.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Make sure... you let them know ...that it is a one time web build ...that is does not include...up keep...unless... you want to do so... then I would charge ...a monthly fee ...to the customer.....to up keep the site...such as adding pics or changing things... ect..... drawing up a contract would be wise as well.... :wink:

I wish you luck... on your new adventure..... :wink: :thumb: :hug: