The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What site do yall use to make your websites? I am considering weebly to put the babies up for sale. What did yall make your websites with?
Thank you,
Nigerian Dwarf goat

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,511 Posts
www.thegivinggoat.com is my site, although it is mainly a blog. Wordpress is the best for blogs. Their websites are not quite as good or as self-explanatory as Wix. Wix does almost everything for you. I have heard of Weebly but no personal experience with it. I've used both Wordpress and Wix. You would probably want Wix, it is super easy to work with.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I’m not currently pushing my website because I’m still starting out, (hogs, not the goats, they are pets) but I used godaddy to make it. Very expensive (compared to free) but I like their format options...

Definitely use a cheaper option if you are just a hobbyist but keep in mind that it might take more upkeep/updating on your part to keep it fresh or you will lose customer base...if you only have animals once or twice a year, a website might not even be worth effort. A really good “marketing” campaign on other websites/local ad options might be a better use of your time..also,different parts of the country require different marketing efforts...
Just my two cents..

·
Super Moderator
14,768 Posts
Weebly. I am not a technical person! And I can tell you it is absolutely easy to do. They say you can only have 4 pages with the free one but that is not true. Supposedly you can only upload so many pictures but again I didn’t find that to be true.
I did end up paying for it and they sent me a bunch of how to videos, one was what to do to help pull up your site when people are searching for something. Honestly other then the how to I have not seen any difference between the free and what I’m paying for. But it’s fairly inexpensive and have had good luck with people finding me so I’ll just keep paying for it. But if you go with weebly and you want i can see if I still have the emails they sent to me and I can forward them to you.....I’m not 100% sure I did save them though

·
Registered
750 Posts
I just made a website for my goats with Weebly, and it was pretty straightforward. There were a few minor things that annoyed me, but for the most part it was very easy to set up. I created my entire website using the free version, but upgraded to a paid (but very inexpensive) version just before publishing it so I wouldn't be at ".weebly.com" :p

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@FoxRidge How do you put the buttons up on your website? You have the 8 buttons then the list that comes out of a button when you rest your cursor over it. I am having trouble. my website is only letting me put one button on the header, and i can only put 2 buttons on a page.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,511 Posts
@FoxRidge How do you put the buttons up on your website? You have the 8 buttons then the list that comes out of a button when you rest your cursor over it. I am having trouble. my website is only letting me put one button on the header, and i can only put 2 buttons on a page.
By buttons do you mean the top bar that then brings you to a page? i.e. on my site you'll see "blog" "contact" "about" "shop" and "kind words"

www.thegivinggoat.com

·
Registered
959 Posts
Are you using wix site? I'm not familiar with too many others, but when I make that main menu bar, I click the icon on the left side that shows my different menus I have made, you can add pages and grab them then move them where you want them. You can also change the status of page visibility so your menu doesn't drop down and show 20 does or 7 bucks covering the whole screen :p
Photograph Ecoregion Light Product Nature

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.