The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby girl fell in pond I have dried her off she is still shaking like a leaf and it sounds like she has fluid in her lungs I called vet can't reach him what should I do?

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
I would Start her on antibiotics if there is fluid in her lungs.....Tylan 200 or Nuflor and B complex,...lay her on your lap and make a tent out of a towel or blanket over her and use a blow dryer to warm the air...get her warm and keep an eye on her temp...

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Rub, rub, rub! I second the antibiotics. If you don't have them, drench her with fresh garlic, as much as you can get down her, until you can get some antibiotics.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got her completely dry she is sleeping on me right now just finally stopped shaking I have tylan 200 how much should I give her ? My husband had to give her mouth to mouth when he pulled her out

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
Poor baby...It is 1 cc per 25# Im assuming she is maybe 5-6 pounds at best..so I think 1/4 cc every 12 hours for 5 days...
B complex I would give her the same...

Keep an eye on her temp...taking it every hour or so...be kind and use Vaseline;)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Poor baby...It is 1 cc per 25# Im assuming she is maybe 5-6 pounds at best..so I think 1/4 cc every 12 hours for 5 days...
B complex I would give her the same...

Keep an eye on her temp...taking it every hour or so...be kind and use Vaseline;)
Thank you!! She is sbout 4 lbs

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
Your welcome...wishing for quick recovery ...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Lay her across Your lap with her head pointed down. Then do hard compressions across her back and chest.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok we se to be doing well so know i have a few minutes to tell the story when hubby rushed her into me she was sopping wet he just gave her mouth to mouth ( he only did this cause I would be a basket case forever if I lost her) she was spitting up water I took bathtowel to rubber in the same fashion as u would hold a baby head tilted down had him through one into dryer to warm I got her completely dry poor hunny shook for over a hour after she finally stopped shaking I let her sleep holding her for about hour then let her nurse from mom then gave her antibiotics have been taken temp regularly it has been good she is very nervous about leaving her nursery and mom is staying with her hopefully she will stay good my husband his my hero !!! I couldn't ask for anyone to do more for me and my babies!!!

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
Be sure to buy hubby some Listerine :ROFL:

Goatgirl16..Im so glad to hear she is stable...keep up the good work..tell hubby GREAT JOB!!!

·
558 Posts
Oh no!! How scary!! I'm glad she is doing better and I am glad your husband was near to save her!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I am sorry that happened to you guys, but am very thankful for your husbands fast actions! I hope your baby does well and recovers in no time. I would add giving a little bit of Vitamin C to the mix (powdered vitamin c just a good pinch once a day). I am a strong believer that Vitamin C can do so much good in addition to the antibiotics. Everyone gave you wonderful advise and I hope she does well in the days to come.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thx all! I gave hubby a huge hug and kiss ( on cheek !!! ) also asking what ever made him do mouth to mouth! For me that would be second nature I am just a freak like that for him mmm not so much he said all he could see was me freaking out blaming him!!!! Lmao I would never! On the bright side he knows how much my kid mean to me and he thinks I have a little empty nest syndrome going on since both our teenage children have moved out in the lady 6 months and I have been a little unstable!
My little girl is still doing well sleeping alot I am sure do to the stress of the evening I don't hear any more fluid gurgling around so hopefully she will be all set with a few days of antibiotics, vitamins, & snuggles
Thank you everyone for the great advise and prayers!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts