The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doe who's due in about a month. She's been having some brown discharge for the past day or so, and I'm getting really worried that she aborted/miscarried/has an infection. What do you guys think? The discharge looks like it has dirt in it which is possible, it has no smell that I noticed, and she still has her ligaments (I think.) I've attached a picture of her udder as well, mostly because you can see the discharge a little bit better (it's in the top left-hand corner.) Please tell me what you think. I'm so scared, I don't want to lose her or her kids...

Attachments

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
It's hard to say from those photos but I would say that discharge definitely is "amber" colored which is completely normal. Does can vary wildly on the amount of discharge, but in general, clear to amber colored odor-less discharge in late pregnancy is completely a-okay. It certainly doesn't look like anything I would worry about at this point.

·
Registered
30,588 Posts
How is she behaving?..anything abnormal?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SalteyLove, that's such a relief, I'm glad that it can be normal.

happybleats, she's been a little vocal lately, that's about it though. It's so weird though, she's the quietest one of my herd, but she's been bleating all day. Every time I walk outside she just instantly yells and runs towards the gate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts