The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! My 6 month old Nigerian dwarf has been moving her mouth/jaw weird the past three days. She is like slightly opening her mouth and then moving her bottom jaw back n forth. Any thoughts? I've never seen her do this. Thank you!

·
RussellP
536 Posts
Mine do it too. Sometimes they yawn, close their eyes and work the lower jaw from side to side, the more I laugh, the more they do it. These goats are so full of personality. I have owned many pets and different livestock over the years and nothing compares to these goats. I can tell when I walk up what mood they are in, happy, sad, scared, don't feel good, after shots they will pout and look away from me for a day or two. In January I can tell the instant I get out of the truck, that there is a new kid somewhere on the property. The other does meet me at the gate almost tap dancing they are so excited, I don't even have to look for the newborn they will lead me right to the kid. This little long legged Saanen x Kiko doeling named Lily was born on a snowy morning, hidden in thick brush on the backside of 20 acres ( in true Kiko fashion), the other does and new kids ran in front of me stopping to look over their shoulders to make sure I was coming.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts