The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These littles were born two days ago , first time momma , poor thing surprised us with triplets... Two boys and a girl.

All three are doing well, but the one buckling seems to be a bit deformed. His neck almost has a bit of scoliosis to it. He's eating and getting around , maybe a bit slower than the other two, but he was also the last out. I haven't given them any BoSe yet since the two didn't think they needed it , but I'm wondering if this is a permanent deformity.

Anyone have feedback , thoughts, similar experiences? I took a photo of him next to the other male. They are lamancha Nubian crosses fyi , and I planned on wethering both males.

Attachments

·
Fair-Haven
4,819 Posts
I do 1/4 cc bo-se orally. His neck almost looks swollen? It may have been a tight fit in there, especially if the kids were of good size. All my does had triplets, the last to kid gave me huge kids and the last one out took a good two weeks to start to unfold well. I also gave some vitamin d (cod liver oil). She's great now! As long as he can eat well and gets around, I would give him some time.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do 1/4 cc bo-se orally. His neck almost looks swollen? It may have been a tight fit in there, especially if the kids were of good size. All my does had triplets, the last to kid gave me huge kids and the last one out took a good two weeks to start to unfold well. I also gave some vitamin d (cod liver oil). She's great now! As long as he can eat well and gets around, I would give him some time.
Thanks for the hopeful feedback. That's what I'm hoping for ! The muscle is much bigger on the top of the neck than the others, almost like it's pinched and bunched up . Hopefully you are right !

·
Fair-Haven
4,819 Posts
So ... here is Mirage. My triplet doe I spoke about. She was over at the knee almost buckled and hyper extended in the elbows- she looked like a bulldog.... to the point that even though she was reserved prior kidding I would not sell her....
Plant Working animal Dog breed Carnivore Grass
here she is today

·
Fair-Haven
4,819 Posts
My vet recommended this years ago. I've always given it orally, as long as it's within a day of being born - b-complex as well. Has always worked for me with no ill effects.

·
Fair-Haven
4,819 Posts
I don't have a pic - my last kidding of the season and I have a ton to deal with this year - not many pics. I did give her some sel - e gel every three days a couple of times. Also ADE gel. The other kids weighed in at birth - 10;5 lbs, 9.5 lbs. - she was last out at 8.5....... so she was a squished little fish!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts