The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Goat Momma
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wednesday night at 1 am. One of our girls went into labor. It was a very tough kidding. We were able to save little jewel but lost momma. It is so devastating. We were just getting to know her. We were told she was not supposed to be bred. Unfortunately she was. Even though we did not get to know momma very well, it was very heart breaking to see her go. But on the bright side her doeling jewel is a healthy baby, full of energy and so darn precious. She is keeping us occupied. She is only 1 day old, and already into everything! She is bouncing and playing, taking her bottle great, snuggling with us. She is such a joy. We were able to milk out moms colostrum, and we had some saved from another doe this spring. But anyway enough rambling, I'll try to post pictures now.

Attachments

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
Cute baby.:) Sorry about your doe:tears:

·
Goat Momma
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some pictures from today. Her eyes are a blue marble for the moment but I don't see how. Both parents had brown?! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
How sweet. :)
Brown eyed Nigies can still carry the gene. If one of their parents had blue eyes it can be passed on I believe. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts