Welcome To Alaska! **Pictures Added**

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by AlaskaBoers, Apr 18, 2010.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    That's right. I got a buck from Pam! :greengrin:

he arrived tonight at 11:35pm, and man, he's beautiful. :drool: All the way from California, what a trooper!

I dont have pics quite yet, too tired...but heres one of him before in CA

[attachment=0:22oh84od]63.jpg[/attachment:22oh84od]
    :love: :love:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Re: Welcome To Alaska!

oh, thats a huge pic...oh well you can get a closer look at Alaska's best. ;)

3. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio

He's a handsome lil' devil!! Congrats :thumb: :stars:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

congrats!!!!! wow pam he is beautiful! katrina you have a beautiful buck there

5. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

Oooo....how handsome! :)

6. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan

WOW!!!! :lovey:

7. Re: Welcome To Alaska!

Oh he will be a biggin. Great choice and looks to be a fine breeding. Congrats on the new feller.

8. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington

What a chunky monkey! He should be a great addition to your herd!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:D
    Aww...KAtrina ...I am so happy ..you are happy with your new boy..... :hug: :hi5:

Here is his journey
    This poor guy.. was taken in our pickup in a camper shell.. at 12 am Friday/saturday morning the 17th,2010... to start his long journey...1st was to the Sacramento Airlines..which he flew on Continental... 2 hours away for us....to be there 2 hours before flight. To find... that the airlines were closed, but according to them..you have to have him there 2 hours prior.....Hmm.. :scratch: At 4:30 am finally the doors where opened and he was all ready to go.. but.. had to wait til... 6:15 am.. :crazy: to be in the air.....11:44 am landed in Houston Texas....lay over til 6:16 PM...then was in the Air Again ...finally going to Anchorage Alaska..... at 11:26 pm he landed in Anchorage ....1:44 pm KAtrina picked him up..... :hug:

The thing was in Sacramento Ca...continental Airlines taped food we furnished in a ziplock bag for him and water..then taped it on.. the outside of the box with feeding instructions....So we figured.. he was good to go...I froze water in the cup....the day prior.. it was put in the kennel when he arrived at the airlport ... thank God

......after returning home from the airlines ...We called the airlines to insure he will get his food and water during his layover in Houston....to hear them say..."sorry even though you have food and water for him on the crate...he is "Livestock" and we won't feed him...WHAT~! you got to be kidding me he is a baby... :sigh: :shocked: :help: :doh: :GAAH: the panic set in and we called a bunch of Airline numbers...talked to management and still the same thing...he will not be fed.... :( we even asked.. if we sent extra money... to care for him ...can someone feed him...they still said "NO" ....man I was POed ....with praying :pray: and alot of worrying :sigh: :worried: .......WE called Katrina.. soon after.. the buck was signed over to Katrina ...and she said... he was OK.... :leap: :pray: ..he was without for so long... She updated me and said.. after he got home.. he is eating and being a happy camper..... :hug:

Thank you Katina...Good luck on your new baby..... keep an eye on him for a while... just in case of shipping fever/ pneumonia....he has been though alot... :hug:

Thanks Stacey.... :greengrin:

:ROFL: Too funny

10. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle

Wow Katrina you have a big little guy who is well traveled!

I cant imagine your frustration with knwoing he wasnt going to be fed that would fry me too!

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

That was a nightmare....for sure.... :hug:

Now.... he has an excellent home ..... Katrina... is going to spoil him rotten.... :wink: :greengrin:

the picture of him above...he was stretching ...but ..I thought he looked awesome doing that ....so I sent it to Katrina.... :D

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

uploading pics right now.

yeah, he did have a bit of feed and water left over, but I would have thought that they'd at least re-fill it! livestock eat too! lol

He is such a sweetie, outside right now, 50 degrees! sunny!! pics soon

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Yahoo~! He must of brought the sunshine with him...because you were showing pics of snow and cold weather...just days before :sun:

Glad he had water... we did sneak a small handful of pellets.. in his feed cup...so he must of been so nervous.. that he didn't even eat that...it is the idea.. that they wouldn't feed or water him ....... you would of thought.. they could put more in there...especially with the feeding instructions being there.... :roll:

That is perfect weather for him..... He is a sweetie and loves attention..so does his daddy... he is a big puppy dog....no mean.. what so ever... :wink: I did start him to lead on a rope...I put a collar on him ...with a rope...and he was getting to the point ...where... I would give tension to pull him forward.....but not alot ...he will walk forward..... so keep it up.. and he will lead for you... :wink: :greengrin:

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

pictures!!

He made friends quickly
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not too fond of the scary white stuff!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a sort of posed one, not too happy. He's better than most goats his age
    [​IMG]

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Oh KAtrina ...he looks super duper great.... :thumb: :love:

Yep ..1st time in snow....HeHe

That goat does look very familiar.... I seem to be missing one.. just like that...LOL :laugh:

Hard to believe... he is only 2.5 months old... He is the prinz of Alaska and will turn KING :D

16. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Oh no, its not hard to believe! he's prince 63 right now. :D

:)

17. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Wowzers! What a regal looking buckling! He looks nice and strong and healthy - no worse for all the wear and tear of traveling as a second class critter in cargo. Darn airlines! Nonetheless, I bet he's thinking it was definately worth the trip.

Deb Mc

18. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    I like the looks of him!!

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Thanks Everyone.... :hug:

I promised Katrina over a year ago... I will save her the best .... it is such a long wait for her..and 63 to get together....both have had very long waits and journeys... they have alot in common I guess you would say :wink: :thumb:

:thumb: he sure does need a name... :wink: LOL ...he is now only a number.... :ponder:

20. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    haha yeah,

I had some ideas, maybe i'll do a poll