well.. another litter of tans.

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by SDK, Feb 9, 2010.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    Out of my 9th place black junior doe from convention 09 and our loaned buck fixe. we're up to 5 kits.. havent checked color yet.. since i think she's still having some. i'll update it later but here's a pic of momma and daddy

2. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    i SOOO love the tans. Many many years ago (probably close to 20 now) i had put a deposit down on several to start breeding my own. The guy i was buying from had a fairly large opperation, and I was having them shipped in from out of state. I think he actually wrote a rabbit book, too. Then my ex flaked out and I wasn't able to get them, so i just told the guy to keep the deposit. But I have always been attracted to them and wished I had been able to get the ones i was trying to buy.

I just love every thing about them. Their colours, their body shape... and those gorgeous ears.

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i'm going to minnesota in november for convention.. do you rememebr his name?? Tans are the best breed, they really cnt be compared to any other breed

4. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    His last name was Bennet, I think. Bill? Bob? Something like that. It's been a long time. I was going to buy like 6 blacks and 2 or 3 blues. He was exceptionally helpful and nice when I was talking to him. He sent me a copy of his book, but i can not remember now how i even got put in touch with him in the first place.

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    yep that's bob.. he's helpful

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    totals are in.. 5 babies. all look black, but there could be a dark blue or two in there.. my barn is tarped in blue, so everything picks up the hue. but the dam carries alot of blue

7. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    AWWWWW!!!!

They are so precious!

That is cool that you know the guy.

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    yea.. i dont know if he travels much anymore to shows..

9. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats on the new litter-WOW five! :stars: