Well he did it again.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    My boyfriend bought me MORE goats. :roll: Only one problem, they were both bought at the auction. I was with him when he bought them, sadly I couldn't say no.(I know pathetic right?) One of them looks like the twin to my Lyrae that passed away, I mean she looks so much like Lyrae that I thought it was her at first and then just about started to cry. The other is a black with cream trim Nubian cross, she looks mostly Nubian but I suspect there's a touch of Alpine or something in her. Normally he wouldn't pay $30 for a goat (although he did pay $65 for the first goat he bought me) but he paid $80 each for these two! :shocked: I'm going to ask him to not buy me anymore goats for awhile though. (well unless he happens to run across a black with white spots Nubian :oops: j/k)

So far we have wormed them and they both had kind of snotty noses and slight cough so we gave them some LA200 as well. They are in a pen FAR away from my goats for quarantine, I plan on quarantining (sp?) them for a couple of weeks to be safe, especially since they aren't in the best condition. They are on the thin side, especially the spotted one. So I'm going to slowly introduce them my feed. They also need their hooves trimmed pretty badly as well.

I will try to get pictures tomorrow when I feed.

2. Man can you have your boyfriend talk to my husband! :wink: What are you putting in his water? tehe. :)

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Wow Crissa, it's a good thing you were able to move your goats to a larger area! Looks like your boyfriend is wanting to fill your barn.

Worming them was a good start, introducing your grain slowly is great...and of course getting their hooves trimmed and keeping them away from your herd for the time being would be best as well. I hope they thrive as I know they will in your care.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    LOL

Congrats Crissa -- so glad you have found someone who finally shares your passion

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    lol mommaB! Nope I haven't done anything to him.......no really! I swear! :ROFL:

And thank you so much liz! I really hope I can get them back into shape, I plan on taking a fecal into the vet sometime in the coming week, just to be sure. I will also need to draw blood and test them for CAE and CL.

Stacey, ironically enough he actually does NOT like goats, the only ones he likes are Finale and Ebony. :roll: He prefers the sheep and truthfully I'm torn just about even between sheep and goats. :shrug: But he knows how much they mean to me, and I am so thankful for that!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww...Crissa...he is a gem.....hold onto that one... :wink: :greengrin: :thumbup:

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    crissa.. dont know how many times i have to say this

but

CLONE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm totally jealous you lucky girl

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    LOL :ROFL:

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    lol i totally want one!

10. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    He is a great guy, I'm really REALLY lucky to have found him. (still trying to figure out what he sees in me, but I'm not gonna complain! lol)

SDK, I'll see what I can do about the cloning thing! :ROFL:

Pictures are in the photogenic section. :wink: