well i did it...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by SDK, Oct 18, 2009.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    I'm down to 8 goats
    the ones who are left:

lamanchas:

Kabooki - unregistered purebred lamancha doe
    Demi- registered lamancha doeling

nigerians:

Surfbird- 5 year old doe ( my love!)
    Twist- 3 year old doe
    bebop- yearling doe
    Hollywood- bebop's 2009 doe kid by buddy
    Eleanor- twist's 2009 doe kid by kevin
    Kevin- my beautiful yearling buck

we (hopefully) bred kabooki, bird, twist, and bebop to buddy before he left. and we pen bred, even though i hate doing it.. but it hopefully worked.

my goat pens look so vacant! it makes me a little sad , but its better to have the smaller numbers with school and the rabbits being such a big topic right now

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It isn't easy.....I know ....I had to do it...this year.....I hope.... that your girls got preggo....One thing is.... it is cheaper on feed , vaccines..... wormers....and more barn space ect....LOL Trimming less goats....... is so much easier to..... :wink: :greengrin:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    haha you are down to close to my number and thats its the most I have had in a long time.

congrats on the sales :thumb:

4. Ariel301

Ariel301 Guest

Oct 12, 2009
    It's sad to have to sell them...I just sold my best doe, and she's going to her new home tomorrow. I hate to part with her, but she just didn't work out in our group. My other does are fairly aggressive and Ebony was so timid that she was afraid all the time. Hopefully she will be happier in her new home.

Congratulations on selling them, even though it's so hard to have to thin out your herd.