The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shady Acre Homestead
14,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 11 minutes after midnight...DH and I have been outdoors working since 9 am :yawn:

We were actually wrapping up a day of fixing some leaks in animal housing,trimming some tree branches,filling in a ditch, raking the boys pen out,mowing the lawn ,regular chores ...you know how it is, Well anyway, I was doing my nightly lock up routine around 9 30. All was going well....ok, grab the kids and put them in the stall for the night and we are DONE! Time to relax and go to sleep after a shower :cool: My mother says she'll help carry the kids in...awesome :)...there are 4 of them. I hand my Mom a kid, I take a kid and we put 'em in the stall....ok...back to get the last two. Hand one to Mom...she heads off to put her in while I am grabbing the last baby....as I'm heading out, here comes Mom.With a kid. ??...

"She jumps right back out of the stall and into your Silkie pen!" :chick:

??!! The stall wall is made of pallets, which I covered in chicken wire (I know,tacky,but we were in a pinch!) Anyway, I stand there and watch this adorable little baby pop right up like popcorn and bounce off the wall and onto the ledge to jump down into the silkie pen. :doh:

"Hey hon....we have a problem!":eek:

Yeah, needless to say, we had to throw together another layer of wall and rig up a 5 foot tall gate so she can't get out.....all after a 12 hour work day and we are just getting to relax now!

LOL..... Now I understand why people say "How do you keep 'em in?!" :p

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I stand there and watch this adorable little baby pop right up like popcorn and bounce off the wall and onto the ledge to jump down into the silkie pen. :doh:
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::slapfloor::slapfloor::lol: There really is no emoticon for how hard I am laughing right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
You pretty much nailed the best description of baby gots IMO :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

That is so funny , lol. :p

·
Registered
213 Posts
Aw, i can just see baby goats doing that! We have just got into goats and are going to breed them this fall/winter, and my great grandmother has been warning me that they are "jumpers" and i'll never keep them in. Acording to her they have evil intentions to :D

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
people say jack Russell terriers are born with springs as legs.....those people have never been around a baby goat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts