The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday it got up to 67 degrees. This morning... 21 and man with that 8 mph wind pushing it, it felt freaking cold. I know many of you will be like, pfft! please, thats almost spring weather temps. But to go from 67 yesterday to a high of 40 today with wind outta Canada, thats just down right cruel! Its currently 25 degrees outside now at 6pm. For a place that usually sees sub freezing temps both high and low for maybe 2 weeks outta the year, this is a bit early to be seeing a dip like this. Granted we will get above freezing for highs but still a bit much to fast. And we have a solid week of this lined up before we warm back up for the lows to be back above freezing.

Was able to get out and remove all the auto waterers and changed out the small buckets for the large 50 gallon ones. The main hose was full of slush! Friday will get the de icers out and hook up... Ok rant over :)

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
We already had a snow day, apparently God decided we needed a break so he dumped 13+ inches if snow on us :) The weekend before that day (It was a Tuesday) it was 65, and warm enough for a sweatshirt and jeans! Then it got down to I think 9° with windchill! :roll: so the a storm came through with a warm front (the really bad storms that went through IL came to us afterwards) and it got up to 73°!!! In 3 hours, it was back down to 20°!!! And we're expecting more snow this and next week! :roll: the weather here is crazy...

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
We are in for a storm tonight and tomorrow i hear. We need the snow. Heck this 65 degree weather this late is so weird. I had to get the summer cloths back out.

·
920 Posts
I know this is too early for our area it usually doesn't get this cold till after thanksgiving. I live in othello so where you're at it's usually a few degrees warmer on average it's almost 8pm now and it's 20 here :( hopefully just as the cold came early it will leave early too. This spring the frost killed off my apricots ,plums and cherries...

·
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a HVAC new construction installer I work out in the conditions all year round and then come home and farm when not working. I keep trying to convince myself, if I would just go hook up the heat before I got there to install it, Id be a much happier installer...

But I keep crying to myself that thats impossible but what do I know:)

·
I'm watching you
22,546 Posts
As a HVAC new construction installer I work out in the conditions all year round and then come home and farm when not working. I keep trying to convince myself, if I would just go hook up the heat before I got there to install it, Id be a much happier installer...

But I keep crying to myself that thats impossible but what do I know:)
:rofl: I'll have to find an opening to use that one on son. He does HVAC in Marine Corps.

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
Yeah, my toes have been numb all day. Time to dig out my muck boots.
Hell, my muck boots have been dug out - and used more times than I care to count - for at least a month. :laugh: It's time to dig out my pack boots - supposed to get down to -1 tomorrow night, and 0 on Friday night. I hate winter!

·
Super Moderator
59,921 Posts
We got some snow already and are supposed to get some snow this weekend. I don't mind cold but could do without snow. At least snow that you have to shovel. Why can't it just fall on areas that you don't need to walk or drive on?

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
19 lovely degrees here :( My fingers went numb too fast outside. I hate winter :(

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
15 and dropping.. Yay... Did I say I hate winter? :slapfloor: Good thing we have these super attractive carhart jumpsuits to keep me from freezing to death :D

·
8,483 Posts
You all keep that cold weather out West! We have decided not to have winter in Ohio this year!
Let's go straight to Spring!:laugh:

We need a snowman icon with a big X through it! :snowbounce:

·
Goat Girl
1,985 Posts
It's cold here too. Supposed to get some freezing rain tonight/tomorrow morning... The only good thing is this weekend is opening weekend for deer gun season and with these cold temps the deer might actually be bunched up enough that you can FIND them. lol Usually it is about 80 degrees during deer season and the bucks aren't even in rut, all the deer do is hide all day.

Lucky me I have a doe in heat today that needs to be AI'd tonight.... that will be SO much fun.

·
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL I love my states hunting seasons :) I am pretty sure bow/muzzle and modern are all done and over with. Heck I was done with my season Oct 12 (opening day of modern). Early bow and muzzle are in Sept.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Here it is 10 degrees, with a windchill of -4. Bree got milked early tonight. I usually go out after dark to milk her, but nope, nuhuh, not gonna go out in this in the dark and slide on my butt. To boot, I had a cactus spine in my sock that was poking my heel (our farm name is truly appropriate, as cactus is everywhere), something poking me up on my leg, and so forth and so on. On the plus side, the little boy in the barn is staying warm in his hay (have a dog sweater in case he needed it, since he is by himself, but his temp was a nice 102.8), and so are the girls.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.