Well my luck has changed! :)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Jan 2, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    So you already know that the guy has ordered 7 of my angoras, he is coming to pick them up tomorrow lunchtime.

Well last week I sold three poddy boers (two does, one wether) from work to a lady who has five kids (the human variety) and tonight she came back to pick up a poddy boer buck to (eventually) join them. Well, she asked me if he would travel ok in a box so she didnt have to bring the trailer, I said that was fine. When she rocked up with the trailer I was like huh, thats interesting. Anyway, I didnt say anything and gave them the little boer buck and then she was like ... I really really want an angora. So we went down and looked, and I gave her two to choose from ... anyway she ended up taking both. Two little doe kids, Rexie and Dixie, I got 80 for them each which is dead cheap but I'm happy because they are going to a great home and will be used for breeding.

Anyway, better go continue setting up the yard and separating off the sale angoras to go tomorrow.

Also I wanted to thank you guys for the well wishing, :pray: and support, I have a feeling you had a bit to do with my luck turning around :grouphug:

2. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    That is great! WHOO HOO!

I thought Rexie had alot of potential though? She was soo cute! oh well, as long as hey have great homes :clap:

3. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Oh that is so good keren!
    Now how many left to sell? xD

4. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Amos, I had to sit down and make some hard decisions and really whittle down the angora numbers. My thought process was:

D3 nice mohair and heaviest kid
    D8 also nice mohair, not quite as big
    D9 beautiful mohair, but will end up being a small goat
    D10 good bloodlines, very small at this stage but should catch up, but I am keeping her mum and half sister
    D12 good bloodlines, I'm keeping mum and sis from last year
    D13 full sister to D12, bigger and more eye catching than D12

So in the end I decided 3, 8 and 13 will stay and the rest will be sold.

Lol Rexie IS really cute and I love her to death, she was one of my favourites right from birth. But she is going to a FANTASTIC home and I will be able to have updates on her and Dixie.

Alyssa, I've got 3 does and 4 wethers left to sell, I penned them up along with the 7 that are going tomorrow, so maybe he might be interested in a few more (hee hee hee) I guess it doesnt hurt to try. I might take the two big wethers in to the abs on Monday for a private kill if they dont sell. They are just the right size to be nice and tasty!

5. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Well thats good news.
    You never know, he might fall for their cute faces xD

But Poor wethers lol
    If you told them that, they wouldn't go near you :ROFL:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh sweet how awesome!

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Keren, For me sometimes it is better for me to sell goats cheaper as long as they goto a good family. To me it is worth it.

Congratulations on all the selling. I hope I have that much luck when it comes time for me to sell after all the kids are born. I have a guy that has contacted me and said he is trying to start a Cashmere herd and he had head who we did at all the shows so he wants ever goat I have for sale. He said after they are all born just call him up. (Right we will see if he really does or not, I have a BUNCH of goats pregnant and I hardly dough he will take them all.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    you are very welcome keren.. :) ...I am so happy things are working out for you.....that is so awesome..... :leap: :grouphug:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    alyssa...that picture(aviator) is really pretty.... :love:

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    thanks everyone

Lori that sounds like a great deal ... hope he follows through! :thumb:

Alyssa - I just went and told them they are headed to freezer camp and they just came over and asked for scratches :ROFL:

11. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Just heard back from Lesley, the breeder of Grace and Kibale, and the udder shots should come through later today.

I know a lot of you guys really liked Anna and so did I, but Lesley has offered to give me either a British Alpine kid or goatling along with Grace and Kibale, and I think I'd rather have another BA than another Saanen. Plus the price is going to be alot better, and that really is something I have to consider.

Hopefully the guy coming today might take some more angoras, so I can actually afford these girls without the wallet hurting so much!