Well- not a brag about other animals.......

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by enjoytheride, Dec 19, 2007.

1. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Took my dog into the vet yesterday- I have been worried for some time because she seemed to want to eat everything way past what was reasonable. I had taken to locking her up til I de-pooped all the animals or she ate poops til she was bulging.
    Vet did Thyroid test again (third time) and said she was low- so I go on Friday to pick up meds- They are blessedly not too expensive.
    I did talk to the vet about not having the wherewithal to spend recklessly- she was very nice about it.
    The office visit and two blood tests were $117- not good but still a lot better than the last two times.

Weird thing was that her symptoms were poor coat quality, always hungry and she had a fish tail- told the vet that if she was a goat, I would think she had a copper deficiency.
  2. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    I'm glad you found out what was wrong with your dog. I had one that had a thyroid problem and the medication was soloxine. It was a very little blue pill and was very inexpensive. It really did the trick and he was better in no time. If that's what your vet is giving your dog it is very safe. I remember being worried about long-term side effects because my dog was young when he was diagnosed, but he was on it all of his life and never had any problems. My vet told me it's one of the few drugs with virtually no side effects. Good luck and I hope your dog is better soon!!!

3. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Just a thought: we have our vet call meds into Costco and they are about half the price than through the vet. My pharmacist even asked me once why one of my dogs has a different last name than me - long story, but funny that they know it's for your animals!