Well then. Tell me what you think of THIS doe.

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by keren, Jan 18, 2010.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Another british alpine doe kid for you to critique.

Here's the story behind her. I picked her up yesterday from Melbourne along with her toggy wether friend. The lady who owed them was giving them away, as she no longer had the time for them.

Turns out this little girl has the same stud prefix as Derryth from the other post ...

I LIKE this little doe. I love her dairy wedge and depth of body, and how wide she stands at the back. She is a very friendly little girl. She is 5 mths old and beautifully grown, she is a huge lump of a doe for 5 mths.

Here are some poor pictures of her. The picture quality sucks and she has her hackles up, but she had been travelling for four and a half hours, it had been cold wet and raining and we stupidly forgot to put straw in the trailer - miscommunication, each of us thought the other had put it in, and when we left at 4am no one looked in there as we were half asleep. So when we got home, she was muddy, cold, wet, tired and cranky, so all I did was unload her into the pen, dry her off and warm her up with a bottle of milk, plenty of hay to eat and straw to sleep in. I wasnt about to stress her out more by setting her up properly for the pics. Also I took these on my mobile instead of my normal camera.

Anyway. Here she is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is her toggy wether friend, Bullsye. He is so ridiculously friendly, all I have to do is sit down and he plonks himself on my lap. He has started his trick training, he knows rear and kneel, I'm going to continue the trick training and teach him bow, shake hands, sit, ush down (lay down) and then pack, harness and saddle. I couldnt get any better photos cos he kept coming to cuddle me lol

[​IMG]

2. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Gosh she's long! I like her. :D she's cute.
    I'm not gonna say anything conformationally wise though. :D

3. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

though i'll let someone else do that. :D

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    For the Aussie goats I've been seeing, she looks fantastic :) Congrats on the new addition!

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    She's very cute...congrats! Well, what I see from the pictures, she looks like she's built a bit downhill, though could be angle of camera or ground, etc., it also looks like she has a somewhat steep rump and weak pasterns. She is definately long and refined.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have to agree -- she is nice

congrats on the great find! I know you have wanted BA for so long

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    Keren, this doe looks wonderful!!

i know she needs a little work in the uphill factor and a higher wider escutheon, but she looks great for her age and she'll be huge!

i think you got just what you were lookin for

8. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    She is so cute! I have to say, I love the substance of bone she has! Wow. I agree, a little down hill from the pics, but I think that could be fixed in set up and may just be how she's standing here. Congrats! :clap: The little Togg is as cute as a button too!!!

9. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    :) thanks guys. ah, I'm so happy I got her. I love love love her, she is just the sweetest thing. Now I just need to chase up her papers and I will be happier than the proverbial pig. Anna, yes, thats something I forgot to say, she does have really good bone. Lots of substance and lots of prescence. I was out getting hay today, so tomorrow I might give her a bath and try to get some set up photos of her. Believe it or not, the rump is actually GOOD compared to australian standards - have a look at some of the others I have posted. Much steeper. The pasterns ... I noticed that in this pic too, I honestly havent checked that on her 'in real life' - I kept playing with her each time I went down there today, and forgot completely. About the uphill, I think its the way she is standing here that makes her look downhill, she is certainly not uphill but I think she is quite level. And I think I could easily improve her there by the way I set her up in the show ring.

10. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I like her Keren!! She does have a nicer rump than some of the other does in your post. She also has a lot more prescence, like you said..she's a pretty girl. Are you still going to get the other doe kid from your other post?

11. farmgirl1

farmgirl1 New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Monroeville, NJ
  12. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    she's a beaut! love the wattles, I'm a sucker for goat jewelry :)

13. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I love her little white butt!