Well, these are not "pets," per say...

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by PACE, Jun 6, 2009.

1. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I volunteer at a wildlife rehabilitation center each week and right now it's baby season! Lots of orphans are coming in right now and were hungry for their morning bottles today. Once they are weaned and big enough, they will be released into the wild to live out their lives. They are quite the snugglers and clowns :)

Here are some photos I took last week:

an orphaned coyote pup

Here's a baby groundhog

This guy loves his bottle!

And these were taken this morning:

A kit that arrived last night... the poor thing is emaciated and learning to drink form a bottle. He got a little confused and started sucking on my friend's hand

Waiting (not so) patiently for breakfast... these guys have a good set of lungs, that's for sure!

and here he is after his bottle, locked away and looking pitiful hehe. They are so inquisitive and love to play and get attention

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they are adorable..... :love: .....I commend you ...for being a volunteer ....your a very special and caring person ....to help those beautiful animals............thanks for sharing......... :wink: :greengrin: :hug:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I bet that is a great place to volunteer. Those pictures are great. I bet it is hard as ever to release them. :love:
  4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Cute! I love baby animals! :love:
  5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Besides goaties my favorite critter of all is the raccoon! I have a serious problem with collecting figurines and statues of them.lol
    And yes, those little bandits are quite noisy, my cousin had raised a few orphans, loveable little things but they are still wild animals.
    You have a wonderful way to spend your extra time....and I can't think of a better way to do so!
  6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It is sooooo cool that you get to do this.......what a great way to spend a day every week:greengrin: !
    I would want to take them all home!
  7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Awww! Brings back memories, that does. Our rescue was geared more towards exotics that people thought would make good "pets" but we often got young animals, especially when someone orders a tiger cub and decides they can't bottle feed it every two hours . . . :roll:

Good on you and enjoy, these are the things that make memories for a lifetime.
  8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    oh - oh - oh - can I have one? Please ... PRETTY PLEASE ... with strawberries, whipped cream and a cherry on top?

9. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Hehe thanks for the comments everyone :)

Liz, you must have such an adorable collection. Raccoons are certainly characters, and they are also such individuals.

Epona, that is so neat! It would be best, of course, if people would be sensible then there would be no need for all these rescues, but raising tiger cubs! Amazing!
  10. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    that coyote is so cute!!
  11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Wonderful pics and what you're doing. It must be so fun and interesting! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup: