Well this is a first

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Feb 17, 2010.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    SHHHH dont tell my dad :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I spend over an hour trying to get it out --- now Im waiting on AAA :sigh:

actually Im pretty darn upset but trying to laugh it off. :tears:

2. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Don't worry about it- if this is the worse thing you encounter in life- it is good!

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh no!
    anyone you know have a winch?

and AAA can pull it out? I'm guessing it's like an insurance thing. (?)

4. LOL too funny. I have to say I have been there. At times a simple floor mat can get you out too. If you have not tried that I would say put your floor mats under your tires and see if they does not get you enough traction to go forward.

Good luck and no worries. It happens. HEHE

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    we tried the carpet didnt work

the guy almost didnt pull me out - said it was to far to the street!

anyway I have video will post later. I hoping to still get to 4kids for this evening.

Right now im parked at a neighbors house and will again tonight - the funny thing is I had no trouble earlier today when we were going to the vets - dont know why this now.

Thank the Lord I was safe - really thought I was going to tip over at one point since we were teetering on going on 2 wheels off the driveway. I was scared, prayed a ton and then I got it to the point where it wasnt teetering and was turned to the road again so that was good. Thanking the angels who pushed

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Sorry I had to chuckle too since we know you're OK & looks like truck is none worse for the wear either.
    Alvays a good idea to carry bags of sand or something, kitty litter anything to help.
    But you were pretty resourseful trying carpet!
    Sometimes you can get out by rocking; back up an inch or two fwd an inch or two in rapid succession but if rear wheels start to spin quit while you're ahead cause you will only dig yourself deeper.

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh yah just one wheel was spinning and then it got stuck up in the air -- thats when I about lost it and cried but instead I prayed real hard for God to send lots of angels to push :D I was still stuck later but at least it was in a better position to be pulled out.

8. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Are you guys on the way?

9. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Oh Stacey.....glad your ok! Those kinds of things always happen to me when hubby is out of town....never fails! I would have been crying and praying too!

One time hubby and I were in our desiel pusher RV, those things are soooo big and heavy.....well, hubby turned a corner to sharp into our daughters drive and we went off into the drainage ditch....the only thing that kept us from going all the way over was a tree! It was Christms Eve and we had to have a special heavy duty tow truck....try finding one of those on Christmas Eve!

Just have to laugh these kinds of things off and feel blessed no one was hurt :hug: !

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Even the best of us gets stuck... that did sound a bit scary... the lord was watching out for you... I am glad you are OK... :hug: :pray:

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    O my....been there done that! And in a 4 wheel drive! Glad that you are alright and yes, praying does help in more ways than one. Hope you get to 4kids with no more troubles.

12. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Hide the pics...it's not your Dad that will let you have it, it's your future children when they see what Mama did back in the winter of 2010! :) ;)

13. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    4hmama......you are so very correct :greengrin: !

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    my dad is slightly over protective of his "little Roo" im doomed to always have hide stuff like this from him or not be able to go places. It doesnt matter that Im 24 years old LOL

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww...nothing better than having a dad love his daughter ....You will always be........Daddy's little girl....... :hug: :wink: :greengrin: