Well we are back

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Aug 19, 2010.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I was super worried there for a bit

I am goign to have to be making some changes that hopefully will make it not crash like that! But its going to cost money.....something none of us have right now. So I hope that in time I can do this but I dont know. Heres hoping the crashes stay far enough apart and that I can figure out a solution quickly.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Glad... we are up and running again...... :hi5: :hug:

3. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

oh my fat goat thank goodness we are back...I started having withdrawls....

4. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    Have you thought about putting up a paypal link for website support? A dollar here and there might help - i've been to lots of websites that do that

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yay!! Thank you for working so hard on this forum Stacey!! I don't know what I would do without TGS!!

And I definately agree with Polar...a paypal link, I think would be a great idea!

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I never want to make anyone pay for this -- its not what I want to do.

But if it comes down to changing board types then I may need to come up with over 270.00 (which is more then my paycheck) so I may have to ask for donations.

I will let you all know what my BIL says after he takes a look at it (if I can explain the situation enough) sadly I forgot to save the error messages so I cant show him now that it is working. But I do have the suggestions from the host who was explaining the situation so maybe he can catch the gist of whats going on. He is a brilliant individual who works with computers all day long (its his job) but I never wanted to bother him with my forum stuff. But its come down to money so I figure I could call in a favor and see if he would do it so I dont have to pay anything :-/ (I use to cut his hair for free and go to his house to do it :p I think he owes me one ;) )

7. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    I can understand not wanting to charge but I think putting a donations link is different. That way the people that can help will and it will just be what they can afford. Even if each of us donates $1 - $5 it would add up pretty quick.

8. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I agree about the donation link, if it turns out you need it. It would be voluntary, it wouldn't be like charging people.

Jan

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    right now I dont plan on doing anything like that -- plus I cant go making a change like that with only 4 people telling me its a good idea. Its not fair to the other 1700+ members

I appreciate the support though :hug:

10. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Take a poll. I think the idea would be well received.

11. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    I agree, lets do a poll! Leave it up for at least a week to get a good sampling.

Honestly I don't know what I would do without this resource. It's like having a vet in my pocket and friends with knowledge just a button click away. Let us help you to keep it available to everyone. :p

Again, any donations would be completely voluntary. Not mandatory.

12. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    Take a poll ....I know i would do it. Heck 1700 members, if 10% (170) gave $10-20 that would bring in over $2000 ...Stacey go for it, look how many vet bills are saved by this site. I think we all need to anti up!!!!

13. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I am with everyone else this site has answered so many questions for me so I would be willing to make a donation.

14. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    I agree with everyone :thumb: I would be happy to make a donation to support this wonderful site :) And, I wouldn't feel pressured to at all... I would WANT to, because it has helped me so much since I first got my goats :)

15. Chi Chi

Chi Chi New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    I agree as well...Making the donations voluntary. I would donate! This site has been so great!

16. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Love me some TGS-keep it going Stacey! If anyone can, you can!!

17. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Yup, I sure would miss this site and all the friends that have been made on it, if it disappeared. I would donate as well if needed.