Well....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HoosierShadow, Nov 2, 2010.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    We sold our 2 bucklings today. I am so very very sad :( We LOVED those little brats! They were just sooooo sweet. BUT, they are going to a new home together :) An older couple with lots of grandkids want to start a goat herd and wanted them. They are very cuddly so I know the grandkids will adore them.

So at least it's great news, but we are all sad tonight. I told my kids from day one we may not keep boys though....but it's still hard.

2. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    Sounds like they got a super home! I know I have had some I have been sad to see go but when they get good homes like that I am happy that other people get to enjoy them too :)

3. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks :) The good thing too is that the boer buckling is going to be a NICE buck. He's soooo BIG! He is 4 months old and as big as his yearling mama! I think he'll even have a bigger build than his sire too. If he had papers we would most certainly have kept him. But we want to try and get some percentage doelings in the future so my kids can show full blood & percentages in 4-H. Darn shame his mama doesn't have papers though, especially if she throws kids like him.

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    at least you dont have to eat them :(

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know the feeling ....how you can get very attached to them.....I am sorry you are sad..... :( .... but it sounds like ....they got a good home..... :hug: :wink:

6. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Pam - I agree, and well how can you not get attached to those cute little faces :) OMG I just adore big boy soooo much, especially that adorable nose of his! I remember when he was born the first thing we saw was that great big nose! It was too cute and never lost it's cuteness!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome.... :thumb: I know.... if I could I'd keep them all..... :wink: :thumb:

8. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    If we had more land I'd definitely have kept the boys for a while longer. Possibly even whethered the one, and kept him as a pet. The other was way too nice to whether.
    But sadly, with our first doe due to kid in just under two months and the other 2 months from yesterday, we need the boys and our buck to leave so they don't bother the girls closer to kidding dates. Our buck will leave sometime this month :( I didn't think it was possible to get attached to him, but I know when he goes I will miss him too. He's come such a LONG way since we got him. I love that he trusts me when he would never let anyone get close enough to touch him. And now he lets me rub on him and I've even messed with his feet too. He's really sweet once you get past that shy barrier :)

I think the one mama is a bit depressed today, and I feel so sad for her. Her buckling stayed with her <she wouldn't let him nurse anymore>, so they slept together, and spent a lot of time together. Now she looks kinda lost, looking around, but she's quiet, not doing any hollering, and she's eating and looks fine, just looks....sad.
    The other doe still has her doeling and they are not leaving each others side at all right now. Before the doeling would wonder off and do her own thing, but so far all day today she sticks by mama.