Went and did it!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Coraxfeather, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    This old fart is going to go back to school. I have applied to be a vet tec. Waiten on finacel aid to come in to see how much it is going to cost me to go. And if you guess it I am planning on what they call large animals. Going to learn all I can mostly because I do not want to loose anymore babies. Also need another sorce of income comen in the house. Look us old folks can learn too. Hope for the best for me cause I am going to need it.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am not sure how old you are - but I am 31 and am working towards my bachelors right now. I also work at a 2 year college here in Idaho in Advising Services and have experience with Financial Aid!!! I have worked in the colleges for 3 1/2 years total. I love it, and I LOVE working with the "non-traditional" students.

Make sure that you ask about FOUNDATION scholarships at the school that you are attending and also check out fastwebs.com I know alot of students that have received scholarships from this website!

What school are you going to be attending? There is an awesome AVMA Vet Tech program through a community college in Texas that you stay where you are at (PA) and work inside a vet clinic and do your work there supervised by a licensed vet or vet tech.

Anyway, enough rambling - if you have ANY questions, please feel free to ask me~

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ann, that is great! Hope it all works out for you! :hug:

4. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I just turn 39. One year from 40 I is old. Never thought to go back to school because I thought I was to old but I am going too.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have students who are just starting who come into my office who are 60 + 70 years old. So don't worry.

My DH turned 40 this year and I am trying to convince him to start school just in case he gets hurt at work so that he has a fall back - not to mention - while I work at the college, his tuition is 1/2 price!!!

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    :hug: Congrats Ann!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is terrific....congrats.... :)

8. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member