Went to the WI state fair yesterday.............

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goathappy, Aug 7, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    ..............and got to meet Katherine!!!! It was so awesome, I had a great time and it was so cool finally getting to meet Katherine!! I got to watch her show, she got 4th place with her alpine doeling(I forget her name) but I didn't get to see her show her Nubians.

Pics!

Me and Katherine
    [​IMG]

Katherine showing
    [​IMG]

Judge checking everybody over
    [​IMG]

Katherine in the line-up
    [​IMG]

the infamous Pixie
    [​IMG]

Sparrow
    [​IMG]

Her little Alpine doe
    [​IMG]

Her friend claire's doe(don't remember her name)
    [​IMG]

the doe isaac considine won showmanship with(I think)
    [​IMG]

Never realized how little nigerians were, Chelsey you do a great job of making them look big!
    [​IMG]

% boer buck, he was national champion or something
    [​IMG]

cute togg munchie
    [​IMG]

purdy alpine and nubian
    [​IMG]

nice boer doe
    [​IMG]

Brown Swiss
    [​IMG]

Llamas! I love the rugs they were on
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She knows where the best spot is
    [​IMG]

Awards and antlers from an elk farm
    [​IMG]

and a stuffed alpaca
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!!

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sarah, it looks like you had a great time and it was wonderful for you to meet Katherine and to see her show! Thank you for sharing!

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    looks like FUN! :) I can't wait until our state fair :leap:

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Nigerians are teeny, aren't they?!? It is all an optical illusion why they look big in my pictures :greengrin:. Looks like you had a good time!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats so cool!!! So what were you doing in WI? just to see the show?

6. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    It looks like you had a good time. I love Pixie's ears.

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Looks like you had so much fun!!! Wish our fair was now :sigh: I have to wait til end of Septemer :D i'm exciting though!

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    We just went to see the fair and the goats :D And I wanted to go to meet Katherine, I totally surprised her by doing that :)

Chelsey, I would love to see your goats in person sometime, I really cannot imagine how little they are, lol :shades:

9. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Hey Everyone!

Sarah.. those pics are great :). Oh my goodness did you ever surprise me. I am SOOO glad you came.

You all should have seen us.. bawling like babies when we saw each other :greengrin:.

Pixie got 2nd in her class, and Sparrow got Reserve Champ! That was very exciting. Showmanship was a disappointment for me this year, but I think I got myself too worked up over getting ready and pushing myself to win.. so when I got 5th and the judge said that I did things wrong that I for sure did not do wrong, I was pretty upset. Ah well! It happens, and there is always next year. I had a great time anyways, and meeting Sarah was definitely the BEST PART!!!

:wahoo:

P.S. I will send a big update everyone's way soon.. I promise. I have been CRAZY busy this year!

10. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Oh and yeah, Chelsey.. last year at the State Fair I saw my first Nigies. They sure do look tons bigger in pics! LOL.

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Wow! That is great Katherine, congrats! :stars: I wish I could have stayed longer, but oh well, maybe next year.

12. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like a lot of fun!! Congrats on the wins Katherine! :stars:

13. deenak

deenak Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    I grew up in Wisconsin and we always went to the fair. It really is one of the best state fairs! Did you have a cream puff?? I now live in Iowa and all of the food here seems to come on a stick. Porkchop on a stick, salad on a stick, shrimp on a stick you get the the idea!

14. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I was too stuffed from other food to have a cream puff, they were everywhere though!! :lol: I did have one at the Boone County Fair though, thats not that far from WI, oh it was so good :coffee2: