The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have had a wonderful 25 day trip! It was amazing! We saw so many things and went so many places. Mount Rushmore, New York City (ahhhh!) , WA DC, Plymouth, Williamsburg and the Liberty Bell to name a few! It flew by so fast! We have been through ID, MT, WY, SD, MN, WI, IL, IN, MI, OH, PA, NY, MA, NJ, MD, VA, WV, KY, and ND!

We should get home sometime tomorrow afternoon. We are currently driving through a gorgeous place in MT. :) Psalm 19:1 "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky displays what his hands have made." That has been seen so clearly on this trip! What a beautiful place we live in!

I can't wait to get home to all the goats, horses and dear friends of course. :) I haven't even seen Mack before. He's going to be 3 weeks old tomorrow! We will be picking him and Ruby up on Monday!

For the Dazzle fans... my sister (who has been farm sitting) sent us a video of the farm a while back. :D She was telling the goats to say high and suddenly spotted Dazzle IN one of the feeders. She stopped mid sentence and said "uh oh, uhhh you're not supposed to be in there. I'm getting you out of there, before you break your NECK!" Right as "break you're neck" came out of her mouth, Dazzle made a flying leap out of the feeder flew behind the side of the barn, over a fence and in with Rich and Teflon. :slapfloor: The next scene was my sister holding Dazzle between her legs with a close up on Dazzle's face saying " say you're a bad goat!". It was hilarious!! Made me miss that little goat a lot though... I can't wait to see her!!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Hey you were real close to me! :D I'm in NH :)

Love that verse and it's so true :)

Haha!! That is just too funny!!! :ROFL: :slapfloor:

·
14,726 Posts
LOL you need to share that video of Dazzle lol

Whew, I have to say that sounds like an awesome vacation, but a tiring one too! All those miles! What a thrill :)
Did you just pass through KY, or do anything while you were in the state? We live near Lexington :)

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was a great trip! But, yes, I am SOOOO ready to be home!

We should be home in 9 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha. I knew you'd ask Candice! I was wondering where in KY you guys were! I think we did go through Lexington... I know I saw a sign at least... :) Sure is a gorgeous state! WOW! We went to the creation museum there for 2 days. It was AMAZING! I'm not sure where in KY that was.

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
Whoo hoo! Welcome almost home!

Sounds like a great trip!!!!!!

Yes yes please share the video if you can that seems soo funny!

Cant wait to see all the pics you post to play catch up! I bet all your goats are huge!

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! Just 2 more hours!!! :D

Sorry, I can't. :(

We are going to get Ruby, Mack, Anna (my Aussie) and some other things tomorrow, so not sure if we'll have time then... I can't wait to get caught up though! I think Tavion (Cosmo's buck) must be 100lbs by now! He looked HUGE in the video 2 weeks ago!

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We're back!!! Home sweet home... loving it!

Caroline and I got right to work... moved the big bucks to a different pasture, remodeled the doe barn a little and pulled all the kids off. Well, except Dazzle! Cosmo already dried up on her own. It's a good thing too, her buck is half grown! He'll be going to his new home soon though along with most of the others... :(

They all look awesome... I just hope we don't have a bunch of pregnant does!! Tavion, Crossfire and Discovery are big boys... :( Barely 3 months, but still. I can't wait to get all the kids clipped and washed and take new pictures of them all! They must have all gained 20 lbs! I'm looking forward to getting current weights on them too.

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
Whoo hoo! Can t wait for pics!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts