The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,

My aunt's wether Nubian apparently got out this morning. She doesn't know when, she just woke up and found him roaming. He got into her Omolene feed and she's not sure how much he got, but he got into it. It doesn't have corn in it though, she says.

I'm going on about 3 hours of sleep right now, so maybe I'm slow on the draw here. But should he be treated with anything to prevent bloat? That's her main concern right now; she's going to try and figure out how much he may have gotten and let me know, she says he was acting fine when she put him up.

I told her to keep an eye on him while I consult info sources - I'm thinking it'll probably cause diarrhea, but she'll just need to really watch him closely.

Addendum: I'm having her offer him some baking soda if he'll take it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha. That's what I was thinking - close eye on him and baking soda.

I just went over to see him. She says she doesn't think he got a lot, a few cups worth. And looking at him (he's an enormous Nubian), he looks just fine, acts just fine. I gave her some of my bloat release stuff to have on hand, told her to monitor him. Make sure he moves around and not to go too heavy on his feed today.

Thanks Karen :)

·
Registered
30,136 Posts
Good advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts