The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught my ND wether humping my doe today. I'm assuming this is a dominance thing? Just curious would this mean that my doe is in heat? Would the wether detect that and hump? They are 16 wks old.

·
I'm watching you
22,525 Posts
It could be. Jeter and Bean tell me when ever anyone is in heat. My doe that was born in November has been in heat twice. She is old enough.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Normal. A wether can be a good heat indicator. He still has instincts and can smell, he just hasn't got the hormones or equipment to do anything about it.
Always seems kinda bittersweet to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My whether consistently "humps" my two does when they are in heat Your does will flick their tales and play cat and mouse with whether . Thinks its perfectly normal

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I haven't seen him do it anymore. Just that once a few days ago. I didn't realize it was every 21 day!

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
10,704 Posts
Not sure on the dominance part - my little girl who is lowest on the pecking order will hump anyone in heat. But it could be she's just a weirdo. :lol: Wethers are great heat detectors, but sometimes humping is just play as well.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Billy is my heat detector. What's funny is his mama gets mad when he humps the other goat when she's in heat. Rosie can be a bit of a witch of a heard queen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts