Wether swears hes a buck!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by jaytori220, Oct 25, 2009.

1. jaytori220

jaytori220 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Melbourne, Fl.
    So I have a wether that has been mounting one of my young does. And hes been urinating in his face, licking it, urinating on the ground and licking it, flapping his tongue, and even penetrating this doe. I have 3 wethers and 3 does and just this one I suspect her in heat as he will not leave her alone to save his life. He follows her, bellows at her like a cow. I mean the whole buck thing. He has no gonads and no buck smell. He just "acts" the part. Any ideas on this behavior?

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Sounds like he is an excellent teaser wether!! :thumb:

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It'd guess he has a retained testicle or a piece of one still left.

4. jaytori220

jaytori220 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Melbourne, Fl.
    Well he has no buck smell and he has been with the same does forever and noone has had babies yet. He was with the same two does with their previous owner for a few years and then I got them last year. Now I have a new doe that Ive had about 2 months and this past week Ive noticed his odd behavior. I never noticed the penetration til then and he has always mounted the other does but I guess this new little doe is "extra special" to him :love: . IDK... :shrug:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow....I don't know ....if he has been with alot of does.. and no one is preggo....then... he is a great teaser as mentioned.....hmm.....but penetrating... seems odd.....I am dumb founded..... :scratch: I guess you will see in 5 months....must be a real special girl to him.. :wink:

6. lacy_94

lacy_94 Guest

Oct 6, 2007
    Thats kinda odd..My wether would mount the does but never did the act or show other buck actions.Now my billys are driving me crazy :hair: !! lol

7. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I have no idea...but I sure am glad mine doesn't do that! :wink:

8. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    do you know the method that was used for his castration and how old he was when he was castrated?

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

9. jaytori220

jaytori220 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Melbourne, Fl.
    I do not. I got him last year from some people who werent taking proper care of him and 2 does that I took in. I checked his teeth and aged him at 4 yo.

10. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    He is still a male goat acting like a buck without the equipment. It is good to have a wethers like him as you know exactly when the doe is in heat. He is a good breeding thermometer, put him to good use, as you are lucky to have him.