wether urinating often?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by cdtrum, Mar 27, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ok.....I started my boys (both wethers) on new minerals....my one boy loves them and I have notice the past two days he is urinating more often than usual.....would this be normal with the new minerals? I don't believe he is eating to much of the new minerals, just eating more then the old ones.... which he really didn't touch that often.
    Thanks, Denise

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    If these ones have a higher salt content, and he is eating more, than that would be normal. More salt = drinking more water= more pee.

But if it is only little amounts and he is straining to pee then I would be worried.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with ...RunAround.....it is like you and me ...when we eat salty foods ...we tend to get thirsty... :wink:

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    You know, I was combing my Cashmere bucks last weekend and I noticed my big boy was peeing like crazy all the time. I think he peed 4 times in about 20 minutes maybe 30 minutes. He left puddles it was so much. The first thing I thought was WOW at least he does not have UC. Mine have been on the same mineral for two years now.

5. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    He is not straining at all....peeing with great ease :greengrin: !!!! I changed from Purina to Hoeggers (Golden Blend) because I believe my boys need more zinc and copper.....we have been having problems with hair loss and dry flaky skin.

6. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa

Me too :wave: The new minerals prolly have more salt. so more pee.

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Just means that he is drinking more...and besides that, I wouldn't worry about UC as you have had the ammonium chloride in their previous minerals, right?

8. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Liz...yes, I also added the ammonium chloride to the new minerals also......Hoeggers suggested adding it to their minerals.

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :thumbup: Better safe than sorry IMO! And it doesn't cost a whole lot to get it, you know that as long as they're eating the minerals they're getting the AC too.