The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh, kidding season is almost here. Hazel, aka Fertile Myrtle (got pregnant at five months and had twins), looks like she is pregnant with at least twins, if not triplets. She's pretty chunky already and looks like she could be due with twins right now. Due November 1st, can't wait to see what she looks like before she pops!

Alice and Betty have not started udders as they aren't VERY pregnant yet.
Biotracking, CAE, and CL tests go in the mail soon. We don't need a pregnancy test for Hazel, now, though, because she has an itsy bitsy udder, filling up with milk.. dooo do do do daa da... *hums itsy bitsy spider*

But, yeah, I'm excited! I'm hoping she doesn't contract pink eye from Alice (got transmitted through flies), as humans can get that too... let's just say I'd rather not go over that again.

I think I need to post pics soon of the fat pudgy thing. Can't wait for her to kid, she has absolutely ADORABLE babies since she has unusual tri-color markings.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, surprisingly, I had actually only ever had one goat kid. I know tons and tons ABOUT goats kidding, but have only even had one kid ONCE. I do have experience with sheep, and it's pretty much the same. Besides the fact that goats are so much better. :D

Hazel's kids were the first I've ever had, this will bring back memories, lol

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up getting mu Nubian, Lamancha, and Nigerian Dwarf bred early. :) I was blessed with year-round girls. :D The ND is an exception, but the Nubian and Lamancha I was slightly surprised about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts