What a busy weekend!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mistyblue, Sep 26, 2010.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    We have had a very busy weekend. We had a doe kid on Thursday that lost all 3 kids. Then Friday night we had another doe kid, 1 buck, 1 doe, very healthy babies. I was up until 3:00 am with her, then I got up at 7:00 on Saturday to have my dog to the vet, got home around noon, and started helping my brother move. I got home around 4:00 pm and my last doe to kid had started showing signs of labor. We had 1 doe, 1 buck around 5:00, once again very healthy active kids.

I hate to say it, but man I am tired. We are through with kidding for right now, in Oct. we will be breeding 2 does.

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Aww...I'm sorry your mama lost all her babies, it sure does sound like you were very busy! WOW..2 deliveries of healthy kids within hours of each other, sounds like you need a very long nap.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Sorry for your losses.... :( you have been busy for sure.....I feel for ya... :hug:

4. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

any idea what happened with the triplets?? glad to hear that the other two had safe deliveries & healthy kids though!!

5. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I think it was a bad breeding between the doe and buck, I had bred them last year and she lost all three as well. This time, the first and last kids were born dead, the second was alive but had a fever of 107.3 at one point and had convulsions the whole time she lived. Her fever never dropped below 106.

I also believe that maybe there was some sort of infection going on, so the doe is going to the vet to be flushed and given some meds, given about 4-5 months to recoup. She will be bred to a different buck, if she loses those kids, we will cull her.