what a change in weather

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by fritzie, Oct 11, 2007.

1. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    boy all week it has been in the high 80's low 90's here then last night it went down to 40 at night & today i have had to wear a sweat shirt & sweat pants. it only got to 60.
    is any one else going thru this. the poor goats don't know if they should grow coat or shed.

2. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    and in ne pa we are even getting RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seems so odd to have to deal with it. chilly, too, in the 40's. but i am NOT complaining.....just so very glad that some moisture is coming here. we are so very very dry.
    YEA FOR RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    It was COLD here today!!!! It has been really warm all week until today.

4. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    It's been raining here too, on and off all week. The goats are getting fluffy and it seems like they are getting stouter too... maybe bulking up for winter.

5. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    We've been going through that for the past few weeks...the weather has just been WEIRD. We've had days with highs in the 90's and days that barely hit 40.

6. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    Cold here today (in KY). We didn't really get to watch the seasons changing this year due to the drought and the leaves all having died already but it definitely seems like it shouldn't be as cold as it is already. Long winter? <yuk>. We did get a little rain yesterday as well but it's dust agian today. :cry:

Kristen

7. DancinGoatGal

DancinGoatGal New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Central, WV
    It rained off an on here! :D YAY!

But it was C-O-L-D!! :( I feel sorry for the goats!!!

8. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Yep its been weird here also as it was so hot last week and then COLD! Yep it was only 50 this morning when I went out to feed and I waited a while before going out , so it would warm up some...Yep the cold is comming and time to dig out the cold weather stuff... :(

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    i hear the forcast for the winter is going to be warmer then the 30 year trend but colder then last year.

who knows until teh winter actually is upon us really

yup strange weather here too, and now i am heading to chicago! YUCK!

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA