What a crazy Day i had

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by fivemoremiles, Mar 31, 2020.

1. fivemoremiles

fivemoremiles Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    western montana
    What a crazy day I had it was sunny and warm. calm winds. and it rained and snowed. and the wind was 30 mph. i had to put on my winter coats.
    And we had an earth quake!! That i missed???
    may be i didn't feel it because i had 6 ewes lamb a total of 10 lambs and one doe gave birth to triplets.
    this is just the first day of this years lambing and kidding season. Just 20 more days to go.

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oh my. You tire me out. Good luck!

happybleats and Moers kiko boars like this.

3. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Wow...sun, wind, snow & earthquake? Thats alot in 1 day...then add all those babies...:bonk:..yep...i would be losing it!

4. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    No volcano? What a day for you! I hope you have a great kidding and lambing season! Mine starts in earnest April 15 for 30 days. 60-70 does are due. I don't want any earthquakes or volcanoes!

5. fivemoremiles

Jan 19, 2010
    western montana
    You are right no volcanoes, tornado's, hurricanes or floods. So i guess it could have been crazier.
    i have 320 ewes but how many will lamb is a guess. 100 of them are yearlings. i have no clue how many of them will lamb. so far most of the ewes that have lambed are first time lambers. first time ewes are a pain to lamb they are so afraid. i have had a total of 10 ewes lamb since Saturday and three of the ewes will not follow there lambs in to the trailer so i can take them to the barn. in the next two days I will bring the whole herd up and catch the wild young ewes.
    I also have about 50 goats to kid. I cant wait to milk test the doe that kidded today she has a wonderful udder. I need the goat milk for bum lambs.
    because of the the virus i don't have help this year. i will be stressed before I am done lambing

6. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Good lord... no help? Oh I hope you have a easy lambing/kidding season. Take care of yourself. It makes me tired just thinking about it. Hang in there!

7. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    I certainly did not mean to be flippant. I am so sorry you have all that to do without any assistance. I am sincere in wishing you an uneventful season, hopefully, the moms bond with the offspring and make your life somewhat easier!

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh my, a lot going on.

Good luck, hope kidding goes well.

9. fivemoremiles

Jan 19, 2010
    western montana
    no need for the apology i had a good laugh from your post.

10. fivemoremiles

Jan 19, 2010
    western montana
    April fools
    Not nice jokes too

20200401_150737.jpg 20200401_151003.jpg 20200401_150737.jpg 20200401_151003.jpg 20200401_151032.jpg

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  11. ksalvagno

Oh no! How awful. I hope all moms and kids are ok.

12. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh Im so sorry. That looks miserable. When I was a kid..my Grandfather and I would have to round up the cattle and bring them in when " suprise snow" would hit. So the calves wouldnt freeze to the ground. We could keep them closer in the barn lot& paddocks. Im so sorry this weather dumped this on you. I hope you got them loaded and to a barn.

groovyoldlady and GoofyGoat like this.
  13. fivemoremiles

Jan 19, 2010
    western montana
    sorry for the multiple post of the pictures.
    i had 9 ewes lamb to day with i don't know how many lambs 4 of the ewes lambed in the snow storm. I came a hair from losing one to the cold. it is in my bedroom doing much better. I am not sure but something is off with this lamb. I suspect a birth defect.
    in the photos
    the four horse trailer is the baby carriage. i load the ewes with there lambs in the trailer and take them to the barn.
    the ewe with the black lamb?? dad is white the mother is white so where did the black lamb come from??
    the ewe with the new born lamb i walked past her less than 10 minuets before i took this picture and the lamb was not born and i didn't notice her in labor. the lamb in my bedroom is her twin

14. ksalvagno

Glad everyone is ok. I hope the little one makes it for you. Take care of yourself too.

groovyoldlady likes this.
  15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  16. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Wow that is crazy! I hope everyone is inside safe, and warm. We never had much of a winter at all, only a tiny bit of snow that didn't last very long. We're warming up into 60s/70s now with some dry weather in between after a very wet winter so it's at least been fairly nice.

toth boer goats likes this.