what a day

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by fritzie, Oct 10, 2007.

1. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    well i had 5 girls come in heat yeasterday & boy is it noisy around here. the does hollered at the boys & the boys are hollering at the girls all day & night. the girls always go in the barn at night but of course last night(temp dropping down to 50) they all slept out side so they could see & tease the bucks. i am glad my neighbors like goats :lol:
  2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    hehe, our neighbors live a mile away. LaManchas get really loud during heat, the Alpines don't seem to get as loud as they do :lol:

3. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fritzie called yesterday and I could hear her girls screaming over the phone and she was in the house! hehehe.... At least I learned that Alpines will definitely let you know when they're in heat. :D

4. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    goathappy my alpines can be louder than any lamancha when they want to be & when they are in heat they want to be as loud as they can :lol: today i have 7 out of 10 does screaming.
    kristen see what you are in for :lol:
  5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    well thankfully my minis don't scream or maa loudly when in heat, just only when they see me or want to be fed!

But I do remember my oberhaslis being noisy when in heat. But I only had 2 and they hardly ever went into heat at the same time.
  6. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    i sure wish mine were quite. i now have 7 out of 10 does in heat so between that & when they see me it is preety bad here right now. thankfully my closest neighbor likes my goats :)
  7. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I have a couple girls that can get pretty vocal when they are in heat, but nothing compares to my mini-Nubian buck. You can walk outside any time and think someone must be harming the poor boy because he sounds so pathetic. Silly boy.
  8. kuiltin_kelly

kuiltin_kelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    North central WI
    Nubs are noisy, I will grant that. But Ihave 2 Manchas A young doe and wehter and they are the LOUDEST little buggers I have!!! Scream now, scream later, scream cuz mom is there, scream cuz the dog is there, just SCREAM!! It always sounds like a goat massacre around here with those 2!! Thankfully I don't have REALLY close neoghbors, the ones I do have don't say anything, so thats good.
  9. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Atleast yours mainly yell when they are in heat... Whenever I walk outside and the goats spot me they ALL start yelling :roll: They are way spoiled and pretty much look at me as the feed wagon :shock:
  10. Fainters

Fainters New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Western KY
    Mine start screaming the second I step out of the house until they get fed. I have a few does that screech when they are in heat but some of them never make a peep and never show any signs which drives me nuts.
  11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Mine do not make a sound when in heat - it is my buck doing his tongue thing and that is it. Which is especially embarassing when someone is around and they have no idea what the heck is going on ... lol! :?

The only time they get loud is when we have a window open in the house and they can hear us, when we are in the hot tub at night, or when I pull into the drive way or come outside, cause they think they are sooo starved .... hehe
  12. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    My goats start the "poor starving goat routine" the minute I walk outside, but the real culprit is one of my sheep. She sounds like a FOGHORN!!!
  13. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Foghorn..thats way too funny!! Mine yell at me when its feeding time. They hear me from the back porch pouring their grain into containers & shaking it up with the BOSS they tell me they are starving to death when I get the paper in the morning, or when we go somewhere and they hear the truck or car door..'Mommys home lets let her know how neglected we are!"
    When they are in heat the Boers aren't very vocal but the buck has noticed that the last doe is coming in and he's the one doing all the talking!! Balango has been flagging then running off..the little tease.
    But the Nubians scream bloody murder when they come in heat.
  14. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    i keep telling my self that they scream when they see me because they love me but i know it is because they think of me as more food. :lol: