What a day!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sparks879, Jun 11, 2009.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

WOW, yesturday was interesting! I stayed at a friends house on tuesday night, We stayed up until watching movies. I dont know why but i woke up at seven thirty crazy huh? Anyways I got up and decided it was a nice day for the beach. So nmy friend Barry and i went down to deception pass state park, there was a lot of people there. So we decided to walk around the point more towards the bridge. the tide was out so we didnt have to slimb over the big rock. There was some flat rocks that we had to navigate. I was wearing capris and sandals but was walking barefoot. Sure enough i slipped and fell flat on my back. I got all wet but was laughing. I ended up landing with my head very down hill from the rest of me. Barry was laughing and threatonibg to take pictures and send them to all my friends grr...Lol. But he helped me up still laughing i noticed the bottem of my foot hurt. I sat down and looked...sure enough ther was blood all over it. I had stepped ona barnical or something. we sat on a log for awhile and waded in the water. Then headed home, got up to the cars and barry says s#!^ i lost my keys somewhere. So we back track and find them on the log.
    So by then its around twelve thirty i really need to get to work at the dairy, so i drive south about fourty five minutes to get there. We did shots on all the kids yesturday. I notice there is one buck kid off in th house laying down not moving much. I pick him up and flip him upside down. I do ths with all potential sick kids. Its a good way to find out how off they are, a kid that feels alright will try to right himself. This one just layed there. Not good.So i get him in the barn and put him down and he collapses, he cant even hold himself up. So then come out the lamb and kid paste electrolites probios c&d antitoxinan stethascope and banamine. i cant feel or hear any gut sounds and he cries ou in pain when i messed with his belly. So he gets c&d and banamine. I pinch his skin on his neck and find that he is dehydrated so he gets some water and electrolites. His tummy is empty so the nutridrench and probios and lamb and kid paste goes down. poor guy, he got the works. But he is doing a lot better now.
    So next adventure. I had to go ride my horse. We decided to trailer over to the keller woods for something a btdifferent. These trails were built more for hiking but horses are allowed. There are stairs and logs and really narrow paths. high logs over the trails we had to ducked. Amaxingly i only banged my kneww once but i took some skin off thats for sure. same leg as the foot that i cut earlier. But we had a great ride. Lots of trotting and the horses had fun too i think.
    Oh and did i mention i got a new car two days ago! I absolutly love it!

Attached Files:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow you sound busy!

good to hear the buckling is doing better, and your foot, and knee. :)

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am sorry... you were hurt....glad it wasn't to serious....and glad you guys found the keys....whew..............that must of been scary.... :help: :doh:

Happy you treated the kid... and is doing well... :wink: :greengrin:

You sure had a day of mishaps....I pray......... that tomorrow is better...LOL :wink: :pray:

New Car........it is sure purty..... :thumbup:

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hmm.. i didnt see the car before!

looks good! :thumb:
    I think i'm stuck with a small 1980's chevy pickup, stick shift.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If it gets you to ...point A .....to point B.........hey ...that's all that matters.....right? :wink: :greengrin: :hug: