The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its only been a couple day but Sadie's kids are getting huge. Especially the doe. She' nearly as big as her brother. They've been named as well. Since their mom's name is Sadie I decided to go with a Beatles' theme. The doe's registered name is going to be BNBF Rita Meter Maid or Rita for short and the buck's name is going to be Max.

See how huge she's gotten?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice doeling! I am always amazed at the the growth rate on Boers- one day they're 10 pounds, a few days later they're 20! Her brother looks pretty cute too.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. They've just been shocking me at their growth rate. I'm so used to just being around my 4-h leader's more commercial type Boer kids. I've seen kids a couple weeks old at their place that are smaller than my monsters. Good genetics really makes a difference. ^^

Some Boers just don't grow out though. Ken has this one little doe that is out of his first Boer. Her momma is big and so is her dad. And then this year she threw this humongous buck kid. Now he's almost as big as she is. He's one of the biggest kids and is also one of the younger ones out there. Gotta love goats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts