What a tiring weekend - but REALLY fun!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Muddy Creek Farm, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Well one of our good friends asked us to go to a show this weekend (2 nights and three days) and we said we couldn't make it. But she really, really wanted us to come so we decided to go, it was about 4 hours from here so they asked us if we wanted to stay at their house, so that was very nice! Plus our other friend (he is a judge) was going to stay there also, we all stayed up until 3:30 AM talking "goat" and we learned TONS. And were pretty tired the next morning LOL. He also evaluated some udders, kids, bucks and does for us which was so nice. Especially a FF that I had never seen full and was contemplating selling. Well he really liked her and told us to keep her, she looked SO much nicer full. We took Junior Champ Buck and Reserve Junior Doe. We also met someone who is interested in a buck from us and we got some really neat info from them. Plus we learned how to band a yealing buck (it CAN be done!) and tatoo in the tail, he was going to help get some scurs off of some of our bucks but we didn't get to it.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    sounds like some eventful and fun days.

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    You forgot TIRING! :ZZZ: LOL. But well worth it!
  4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sounded like you had a great time and Congrats on your placements! :stars:
  5. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    sounds like you had a great weekend to. i can relate to the tired :ZZZ: that is great that you could get info from your friend that is a judge. i bet you were glad to here that he would keep your ff.
  6. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    Isn't it exciting!! So glad you enjoyed it. We had so much fun at our first show. Just to be there and talk with all those other goat people is great. We have learned alot from showing and made alot of new freinds too. I know what you mean about tireing. We are exhausted when we get back!
  7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Wow sounds like a huge show. I would be tired too after all that. Glad you had fun and learned tons! :thumb:
  8. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    It was just ONE show, they MADE you be there for two nights grrr! Thanks everyone! :stars:
  9. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Sounds like a great weekend!
  10. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Sounds like a great weekend! And that's good about your FF too.