The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 certainly has been a year of ups and downs. Through it all, we have been incredibly blessed even during the times of sadness.

Back in spring 2016, we decided to retain some of our kids and try our hand at this showing thing. We had a blast, and I was hooked on showing since! Over these last few years our girls have done well and it all has been a positive experience. She season is over for the year, I never got around to posting but late is better than never :eek:ops2:

Our first show was the Legendary Dairy Goat breeders spring show in early May 2019. I only took a few does to this show, only one milking Nigerian and two Lamanchas. Everyone placed well! The black & white Lamancha doe is 6, she's one of the only does that doesn't carry out herdname. She has a damaged gut and her absorption is way off. She's a harder to manage goat, but hasn't done too bad! Next are Scarlet and Willow, they are both Jr does and earned their dry leg at this show. Willow was my first BIS win, she is 2nd gen Wings & Caprines (our herd name). Next is a recorded grade, she's a nice doe but unfortunately there were not enough grades for her to be official, so I continued to show her. Last but not least is Red Hot, a up and coming two year old with two legs toward her Championship. Can't wait to see her with a little more maturity!

Legendary Show May 2019  (87).jpg IMG_1667.JPG IMG_1709.JPG IMG_1711.JPG IMG_1720.JPG Wings & Caprines IR Red Hot BU - Copy.JPG

How was your show season? Post away! Meat or dairy goats :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The next show was the NCDGBA spring show- memorial day weekend.

It was HOT that weekend. I had heat sickness nearly the entire time. I wasn't able to finish clipping all my goats, but all in all had a wonderful show!

The highlight was Clover getting her 2nd leg toward her CH. Clover wasn't shown at all in 2018 and this was her first show of the year. Good job, Clover! The first doe pictured is Holly, she is Willow's littermate sister! Next is Winnie, then Allure. Allure was RCH. Clover's udder, Clover. The pics are terrible. Everyone was DONE for the day and the heat index was over 100*. The goats just wanted to be under their fans
Rocky Mount 2019 NCDGBA Show (239).jpg Wings & Caprines Holly GCH.JPG Winnie GCH Rocky Mount 2019.jpg Rocky Mount 2019 NCDGBA Show Allure(73) - Copy.jpg Rocky Mount 2019 NCDGBA Show Clover GCH(166).jpg Rocky Mount 2019 NCDGBA Show Clover GCH (167).jpg

Poor Berlin didn't get a fresh clip job, but still managed a 1st place win, but was beat by Holly and Peony for GCH and RCH Jr does. Rocky Mount 2019 NCDGBA Show (66).jpg

Our yearling recorded grade (black doe in the first post) went on to be GCH and earned her leg. :)

Red Hot also went on to get Best Udder of Breed as well!
Rocky Mount 2019 NCDGBA Show (141) - Copy Red Hot.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts