1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Warts?

Insect bites?

Sores from urine burn?

Allergies?

Have a yearling doe that had three on her nose like that. Found her laying on an ant hill ... dummie! No one else has them but nobody else sits on an ant hill either!:rolleyes:

Put witch hazel on it, then covered with anti-bacterial cream. They are still there six months later. Not sore, not infected ... just there. When the vet was here a few months back I asked her and she said looks like bug bites.

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
Looks more like he got into ants..but could be the start of sore mouth...I would wash with a gentle mix of vinegar and water, see ifyou can get a good look while cleaning..wear gloves! If its sore mouth you can catch it...treat with iodine..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a doe last year that had sore mouth and it was way worse than this. But I didn't see what it looked like when she first got it because I purchased her in the late stages not knowing what was wrong with her. I'm going to wait and see what he looks like tomorrow and go from there on what to put on it. I will update what it looks like after work tomorrow. Thank you all

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
Awe..poor guy...keep him clean with a vinegar water wash and put iodine on them..they will dry up faster...Im dealing with it as well with my Nigerian Buck...he already looks better...just one side of his face where he pees all the time...I thought maybe pee induced as well?..keep at it and keep him away from the others..best wishes..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He is starting to clear up and doesn't look near as bad. At least now I know what it looks like at the very beginning stages. I never would have thought that was gonna turn into sore mouth.

·
8,177 Posts
He is starting to clear up and doesn't look near as bad. At least now I know what it looks like at the very beginning stages. I never would have thought that was gonna turn into sore mouth.
Goats sure teach us a lot! Just when we think we know what's going on, they change all the rules! :ponder:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts