What ARE they!?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by nancy d, Jan 14, 2010.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    About every other day I find these little squigly white worms in the bottom of bucks hard plastic water pail.
    They are about the size of a pencil mark & an inch long. Sometimes just one or two, sometimes a small ball of them, always at the bottom. Every time I see them I empty the pail & sanitize it but they are back the next day.
    The girls rubber water containers never get any.
    This has me perplexed!

The barn kitties have their own water; never any in theirs.
    Any ideas?
    No overhanging trees or foliage.

2. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Well, not to be obvious or nothing but...worms? lol

I'd recommend doing a fecal on the boys, it's probably from them or something in their stall. It wouldn't be that hard to the worms to transfer from feces to beard to water. It sounds like tapeworms to me.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I find earthworms in my goats water from time to time -- it seems to kind of dull their color out --- or maybe Im wrong and Amanda is right and its actual parasite worms - yuck

4. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    I get earthworms in my water almost daily and that is what they look like as they drown in there or are drowning when I find them - so that has them stretched out and pale.

5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    hmmm. I always thought tapes were flat. Wormed a couple months ago w/ivermectin but I dont think it covers tapes.