What are your kids doing right now?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by pennylullabelle, Feb 25, 2010.

1. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

So, I have the three kids Olivia and I have been discussing the past week or so running around my garage. I'm sitting in a chair with a table and my laptop. And they are running and kicking and jumping all over!! So, one...and I'm not sure which yet...decided to run behind me and I guess thought the chair way taller or something and WHAM! Ran dead into the back of it! Now all 3 are taking terms trying to jump on top of the hay bale...and failing miserably...run run run jump bam fall get up shake it off...okay your turn...repeat. :laugh: :slapfloor: :ROFL:

Having kids around is so awesome! Who needs TV?

Oh wait, as I type this they've re focused their aim and are all trying to jump into my lap. Up bam down! I try to catch them but it doesn't work lol! Okay...I am going to need the good stuff before I can handle my heart in my throat anymore as I wait to see if each kid has sticked the landing every time they fall :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I hope you have a "toughbook" or what ever they are called in case the laptop ends up jumping. lol

I gotta say, if you ever having a bad day just sit down with the goat kids and they make it all better. :love:

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

LOL- I know! They are such funny little buggers arent they?
    There is a 2 1/2 foot high shelf in the moms and babies pen and one of the girls figured out if she jumped on mommas back she could get up there and jump around.
    Everyonce and awhile I can hear her through the cam tap dancing up on that shelf, oh so proud of herself that she is the only baby that figured out how to get up there! :) silly goats

4. pennylullabelle

Hehehe YES they are AWESOME! They just make you laugh, you can't help it. So sweet! :lovey:

And I don't have a tough book. I have a lil Mac and I am screw-ed if they knock it over!

Oh I would LOVE to see that!! Adelle finally got up in the chair she figured out if she jumped behind me she wouldn't fall. Now I can't keep her down lol :devilish:

5. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    We still have a 3 month old doeling coming in the house to sleep at night. She is really spoiled!

6. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I have a month old that has figured out how to bounce of of walls, she will run as fast as she can, jump as high as she can against the the wall and then spring off. This is her new favorite past time, especially at night, over the baby monitor it is LOUD.

7. pennylullabelle

Shannon that is so cute! You're encourageable! I think my kids will still be in the garage by 3 months...3 years...haha. Everytime I come in here and open the door (this is my milking room) in they will come!

:ROFL: :slapfloor: :ROFL: :slapfloor: :ROFL: :slapfloor:

Olivia's lil buck does that to the divider to his stall! Run, dump, bounce, run, jump, bounce! Hehehe

8. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Yup no sleep for me, over the monitor it sounds like something banging on the barn. The first several nights I was up and down all night, it took me catching her doing it one afternoon to realize what it was. It is cute to watch but not listen to, I dread the day she teaches her sister how to do it. :(

9. ivy eaters

ivy eaters New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I do miss having kids around. The adults can be fun to watch when they get playing but not nearly as amusing! I'm sure I'll break down and get more one of these days but first we do need a bigger shelter for them so I don't think it's going to happen all that soon :(

Thanks for sharing stories of their antics. :kidblack:

10. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i am going insane. lol full school scheduel, one human baby and three bottle kids. friday thinks she's a cheetah, ginger thinks she's a goat ( thank god!) and cary is anorexic. he ate 2 1/2 ounces from 1 yesterday to 12 today.. i've tried like 4 different nipples too, eventually hunger will win out i'm assuming

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    What are your kids doing right now?

hopefuly growing nicely inside their mama's -- boys boys boys LOL (yes I want boys! Lots of them haha)

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Hopefully getting anxious to meet the person that keeps begging their mom to GIVE THEM UP!

13. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Haha Amanda! I've got one in the house and two in the barn. Plus about 20 adults in the barn!!!! Hehe! :ROFL: :slapfloor: I get to bottle feed for the first time ever! Can you imagine him jumping around in the house?! Off the furniture and chairs!!! :ROFL: :ROFL:

14. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Right now! Well, they're both curled up snoozing like lil' angels i.e. recharging their diehard batteries for morning. I have a couple two month olds, mini silky fainters, and they zoom and boink about at warp speed. They are as entertaining as they are adorable. I so enjoy them!

How old are yours?

Deb Mc

15. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Hopefully baking to just the right temp.. :wink: I may be having one a bit sooner than expected though,to give me a "fix"

16. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I hope my doelings all 4 told their mamma that I do not need to many more doe kids-hope she passes that on to her 3 daughters that are already out in the pen still waiting to kid. Trying to cut back is hard when your doe gives ya four more does, LoL.

17. pennylullabelle

Hehe these guys are 1-3 weeks and all bottle babies too. We were rearranging the pen set up today because the two does due to kid keep moving the darn things around! Anyways, while we were moving and cleaning the kids had free roam and they figured out how to get on the bale of hay then would slide down the side and made a HUGE mess of the bail! :roll: Still so cute though!

I have some kids still baking and I am hoping for a 50/50 ratio. Lulla has a huge udder and almost no ligs, where are my babies? hehe

18. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    my kids moved into the "setter" model tonight. they were livingin the "schnauzer" model to keep them warm at night.tomorrow they get to meet their new playplace :) its a 2 ft x 6 ft dog kennel/run my sister "paid" me with. figured it'll work for them to run and play in for daytime, and they sleep in the crate at night. not terribly big, but the best i could get with crazy parents