What are your New Year Resolutions for 2009

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by redneck_acres, Dec 28, 2008.

1. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Okay folks, lets hear what those new year resolutions are for 2009. I am going to try to be more patient, I am also going to try and get to that 119lb weight goal-although I am not going to guarantee that i'll make it there, I am also going to try to not let things aggravate me so much-although I suppose that comes under the being more patient category.

2. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    I avoid trying to make "new year's resolutions." Experience has told me they usually end up in disappointment. If I want that, I'll just balance my checkbook...... instead I pray for a happy, healthy year & do what I can to make that happen.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Stop buying goats!!! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

......except for the one doeling I have reserved from Angie.

4. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Umm

Get Healthy
    Clean my Room
    Go to lots of shows with Keren!
    :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

5. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I also really despise New year resolutions, but I guess it helps if you write them down. I had been thinking of thinks.. that I should do or accomplish.. so I'll list mine for the 'Day After New Years Resolution 2009'. Respectivly.

-Purchase and grow all of the plants I had circled in all of those plant catalogs..
    -Clean the rest of my room
    -Be 'greener'
    -Practice archery & shooting more
    -Take my drivers training tests and possibly maybe try to pass (I dread driving.. I have nighmares)
    -Get a job at Runnings where my so called 'friends' work so I can pester and annoy them into quitting.
    -Keep up good grades
    -Grow my hair.

6. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Oh Amos alot of those sound evil xD

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I guess I should have started this list a while ago....but I should work out more and become more fit, switch over to registered stock only in the boers, sell some goatrs (like that is going to happen.),keep up the good grades, get into the vet school/camp this summer.....

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I do not do them because I can not keep them at all. i agree I think if I wrote them down I would have a better chance of keeping them.

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'll tell you the same thing I've told my friends, stop trying so hard when it comes to driving, trust me, it works. Thats one thing I never got worked up over and yes I did fail my test once but hey I have my license, lol :greengrin:

My resolutions.....hmmmmm.......I've never really made any, I guess I'll just stick with being able to see the floor in my room, getting through my junior year, getting through this year, getting a job and running away next summer :shades:

10. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    ....running away next summer :shades:[/quote]
    Sarah.....I never expected that!

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Well its not like its a permanent thing, I"ll be coming back :wink: mwhahahaha :slapfloor:

12. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    oh...ok. I'm sorta doing the same thing...

13. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    I don't make them anymore too depressing when I don't follow through!

14. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I always make a resolution to read through the Bible in that coming year .........I always get stuck after like Deuteronomy so I decided years ago I wouldnt even make that a resolution anymore, it only disapoints me. But I am working towards having read through the whole thing.... got a ways to go but I am further then I have been before I think. :thumb:

Lets see some goals of mine that wont happen this year :(

Make loads of money
    get married
    explore the US

So I guess I will stick with just enjoying what life throws my way and what God has for me each day

15. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    You guys shouldn't be so down on yourself...Stacey jusy wait you'll find the right man soon enough!

16. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Ditto Sara.

You really put shouldn't yourself down Stacey, just because your resolutions didn't fulfill themselves doesn't mean you still can't keep trying on them :) Patience is key. :)

I guess the one thing I never understood about resolutions is why they had to be made at the beginning of the year, why not make resolutions year round? :)

17. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I've wondered the same things and then I came up w/ an answer....people want to avoid trying to work towards goals.

18. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    because a new year is a turning of a new leaf a chance to start over and to get a fresh start. Isnt something new exciting? so in that excitement people like to make changes in their life.

It isnt that we cant do it or they dont do it throughout the year...it just is highlighted at the new year

19. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    that is a good answer and it makes sense.

20. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Mine is so embarressingly technical that I'm not going to even say it....
    but my second resolution is ....... lose all the weight I gained over christmas holidays.... :doh: