What breed do you Prefer?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Paige, Mar 1, 2011.

1. LaMancha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Saanen

52.4%
  3. Nigerian Dwarf

47.6%
  1. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

I love my Nigis! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
    Sorry, got a little carried away there...
    I'll vote Nigerian, though I've never had Saanen or Lamancha. I think Saanens are beautiful, and I'm going to get a Lamancha someday...I hope!
    Patches - I don't know if you've been told yet, but to start a new topic go to Board Index (at the top of the page), click on the forum you want to post it under, then click on the New Topic button.

2. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Its probably already been said, but what are you looking for in your chosen breed of goat? Nigerians are not competition if you want milk supply unless you have a whole lot of them. At least you have found out what you dont want/cannot have - Nubians.

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    BOERS AND ALPINES! All the way!

third... ummmmmm......lamanchas, because of their personalites, not their ears!

4. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    1. nubian
    2. oberhasli
    3. toggenburg
    4. alpine
    5. saanen

in that order... i dont really care for la manchas.

5. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    LaMancha. They rock. They really, really do!

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Nigerians! I love Saanens and LaManchas too though so only picked Nigerians since it's what we have. But I'm getting a 1st generation Mini-Saanen this weekend! :)

7. Devin

Devin New Member

Feb 6, 2011
    I've been around some Saanans, alpines, and now own a nubian doeling. and my nubian is SMART compared to others I've been around and helped with. I honestly did not like the Saanans, but I did like the alpines. My nubian is such a puppy, trusting and friendly. She is only loud when she is hungry or lonely, and since no one wants their goats to be hungry or lonely then I say that is not a real problem. I have owned a pygmy wether (awesome pet!) and now 2 nigierian wethers, but I really would not want to milk a nigi . . . Great pets, but I would want more milk. They are extremely cute, though!

8. SweetSaanens

SweetSaanens New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Saanens!

I have nigerians and Saanens and a nubian mix. The Nubian mix is LOUD but has a great personality. The Nigerians are cute but compared to my Saanens they are a little boring. The Saanens are just so big and harmless and sooo goofy they always make my day. I also like how quiet they are. I care for a alpine who is nice but very pushy and a bully to the other goats.
    I have to agree with Devin my nubian mix is smart, she is also a fearless protector of the farm animals. Would never head butt a human but she put a pit bull in his place when he tried to go after a goose.......that dog is now quite scared of goats.