The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Just bought this little girl and was told she was Pygmy. From my minimal knowledge, pygmies don’t have blue eyes or as many markings. Maybe a Pygmy cross? I could totally be wrong, this is just from a quick google search, but I’m curious! What does she look like to you? I’m not too worried about whether she is one or not, but I thought it would be fun to show her off as well. Isnt she just the cutest thing? ❤ I pick her up on the 15th.

·
Registered
28 Posts
She looks to be Nigerian Dwarf. But certainly could be a mix since you don't know her background.
I agree with this comment, looks like a Nigerian Dwarf/Pygmy mix. Pygmy goats have short stout bodies, like yours and Nigerians have blue eyes.

Here is a photo of my Nigerian doe’s blue eyes:

F322D76B-38EA-4E4E-AE01-41AD8189A078.jpeg

Notice the difference in your does legs and body build vs mine? She has shorter legs, sign of a Pygmy.

1710C72D-D246-4511-B96C-5E3F92E48D6B.jpeg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey all! Just bought this little girl and was told she was Pygmy. From my minimal knowledge, pygmies don’t have blue eyes or as many markings. Maybe a Pygmy cross? I could totally be wrong, this is just from a quick google search, but I’m curious! What does she look like to you? I’m not too worried about whether she is one or not, but I thought it would be fun to show her off as well. Isnt she just the cutest thing? ❤ I pick her up on the 15th. View attachment 207820 View attachment 207821 View attachment 207822
I think she looks like a Nigerian dwarf... or a Nigerian Pygmy mix. Super beautiful, btw! 💜

1 - 6 of 6 Posts