What breed do you think?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Nicoon, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Nicoon

Nicoon New Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Tennessee
    I bought three new goats back in early November. A buck, Hershey, who is 2, and two does, Almond and Kisses, who are around a year and a 1/2. Hershey was said to be a kiko/pygmy buck.
    Almond and Kisses are sisters and were said to be Saanen/mix. They aren't white though. Kisses (one with collar) has white spots. Almond (who was brought pregnant) is all one color. They are both the same size as Hershey and my Nigerian, Moop.
    I'm just not sure if the previous owner really knew what they are. What do you think they are? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Truthfully, I'm really leaning to Nigerians. The bottom one structure and color looks like mine (minus the horns). Are you sure Hershey isn't the dad? Just checking. Do you have a pic of him?

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Looks like there is some Nubian in them.

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I am no help, but they sure are pretty ♥

5. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Im thinking Nigies as well..I dont see saanen there at all...they seem to be crossed with something else...maybe some boar in there...they have nice full rears!!and Almond has that boar face...lol..Im guessing of course..but truly, they sure are adorable!!

6. NyGoatMom

NyGoatMom Shady Acre Homestead Supporting Member

Well, I'm a newbie but I think they look Kiko/Pygmy.....or Saanen /Pygmy....lol...but I am not experienced at all, just judging by the shape of the faces and bodies.

7. Nicoon

Nicoon New Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Tennessee
    Thanks for all the replies! :) I'm sure by their height they have Pygmy. Almond just kidded today with Hersheys son! So hopefully Hershey isn't her dad! lol. @[email protected] Here's a picture of Hershey.

Attached Files:

8. Nicoon

Nicoon New Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Tennessee
    I have been looking up some different pictures of goat breeds and they do kind of look like they have Nubian in them. :)

9. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

I'd guess Kinders.

10. goat luver 101

goat luver 101 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Leesburg, VA
    Almond looks like a mini Nubian a little.

11. Bambi

Bambi Senior Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Central California
    They might have a little Nubian. Nice looking. Be careful of collars with the horns. We did that when we first had goats and almost lost two does to choking with the collars.

12. vlinealpines

vlinealpines Junior Member

"nice full rears?"

13. Nicoon

Nicoon New Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Tennessee
    Thanks for all the ideas! :) I'll watch out for Kisses and her collar, but she's so shy.

14. mjs500doo

mjs500doo Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Boyd, Wisconsin
    Nigi kiko Nube?

Def can see all three breeds.

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    depending if the seller knew the difference between pygmy and nigerian they could be Kiki X Nigerian crosses.

Kikos have those kind of ears -- The roman nose of a nubian and their larger bodies would come through and I just dont see that in these guys. The kiko coloring is also very colorful.

As to saanan..... thats debatable but Im not one to say its not possible as Ive seen some crosses that people KNOW the parents and its amazing how the kids turn out.

Beautiful goats either way

16. BoerMaster23

BoerMaster23 New Member

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm thinking Kiko/Nubian, but im not sure.

17. Nicoon

Nicoon New Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the input! :) Hershey has the roman nose, but the girls' face are pretty straight.