The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Bam Bam. Unfortunately my husband thought he was doing something great when I said I was interested in getting a pygmy buck to breed my does. He surprised me by going and buying this goat for me.lol he found an ad for a pygmy goat for sale ,bought him brought him home and put him in with one of my does. I sold him three days later :) he wasn't what I had in mind. But my doe got bred by him and is due in a week and a1/2 any ideas what kind of goat he is?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hard to say with all that hair and I can't tell how big he is from the pictures. Could be a Nigerian dwarf...horns look about right from what I have seen from the horned bucks...same with the ears and hair.

Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
He looks like a nigerian dwarf or pygmy cross of some sort. Those ears are too big for a full nigerian or pygmy and color and build isn't right for a pygmy. He could have some nubian or boer in him somewhere. But to me it looks like you have a mix of some kind...what exactly...I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's adorable! ADORABLE!
He looks like he has some Nigerian in him but is there any reason to think he's not at least part Pygmy? Any way you can contact the seller?
Lol I don't even know where he got him from. He found an ad on craigslist and met the guy at a Walmart . If he is nigerian that's good I guess :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
He is built a lot like my Nigerian buck. His horns look just like my Travis. He is very handsome. Mine is solid black with blue eyes. I am no expert by no means!

·
Registered
90 Posts
These are two of the best pictures I could get of Travis. Sorry he is a full blooded pygmy. I looked at his paper work. I thought he was Nigerian but he isn't. But he still is a beautiful buck and I love him. My other buck is pygmy/Spanish cross his name is Buck. Love him to pieces as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These are two of the best pictures I could get of Travis. Sorry he is a full blooded pygmy. I looked at his paper work. I thought he was Nigerian but he isn't. But he still is a beautiful buck and I love him. My other buck is pygmy/Spanish cross his name is Buck. Love him to pieces as well.
He's a cutie:)

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
He looks like he could be a Pygmy/Nigerian cross... he looks alot like my registered Nigerian buck Murphy but his horns are similar to my pygmy/nigerian wether Teddy :)

jennifer.... your boy is a handsome fellow but blue eyes in a pygmy are disqualifying traits for the purebred Pygmy breed, which registry is he papered with?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im actually worried that he may have been too big for my little doe. She is only 16 inches tall. She is 2 yrs old and has had a single kid once before with no problems. I definitely would not have bred him to her but he was breeding her when I came home to the surprise Bam Bam. I immediately separated them and sold him.i hoped that she didn't get bred but she did. If I am correct on the due date 150 days will be the 28 th of this month. And she has a discharge that started today. Im so worried that she is going to have problems.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts