The Goat Spot Forum banner

What breed is he?

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  jennifer 
#1 ·
This is Bam Bam. Unfortunately my husband thought he was doing something great when I said I was interested in getting a pygmy buck to breed my does. He surprised me by going and buying this goat for me.lol he found an ad for a pygmy goat for sale ,bought him brought him home and put him in with one of my does. I sold him three days later :) he wasn't what I had in mind. But my doe got bred by him and is due in a week and a1/2 any ideas what kind of goat he is?

#13 ·
These are two of the best pictures I could get of Travis. Sorry he is a full blooded pygmy. I looked at his paper work. I thought he was Nigerian but he isn't. But he still is a beautiful buck and I love him. My other buck is pygmy/Spanish cross his name is Buck. Love him to pieces as well.

Attachments

#16 ·
He looks like he could be a Pygmy/Nigerian cross... he looks alot like my registered Nigerian buck Murphy but his horns are similar to my pygmy/nigerian wether Teddy :)

jennifer.... your boy is a handsome fellow but blue eyes in a pygmy are disqualifying traits for the purebred Pygmy breed, which registry is he papered with?

#18 ·
Im actually worried that he may have been too big for my little doe. She is only 16 inches tall. She is 2 yrs old and has had a single kid once before with no problems. I definitely would not have bred him to her but he was breeding her when I came home to the surprise Bam Bam. I immediately separated them and sold him.i hoped that she didn't get bred but she did. If I am correct on the due date 150 days will be the 28 th of this month. And she has a discharge that started today. Im so worried that she is going to have problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.